I WILL BE OKAY!

Options
hummingbirdhope
hummingbirdhope Posts: 101 Member
edited November 2014 in Motivation and Support
Slight rant, but any advice & words of encouragement are welcome!!

Ugh... You may have seen my post in the other forum about my birthday & binge eating the day after.. I woke up on my birthday (Friday the 7th) happy about my body & weight (104.5). The next 2 nights I drank alcohol but stayed within my calorie range. Sunday morning I woke up at 105 & ended up slightly binge eating chips. Monday I woke up at 106 (but I figure this was due to sodium from the chips) welllllll idk what it was but yesterday (Monday) I started realizing I hadn't completely let go for my bday like I had planned, and ended up binge eating and sleeping...the ENTIRE DAY. Today I tried to do a fast but it failed after a large salad, chicken, 2 donuts, and the dreaded potato chips...

HOW do I get back on the horse?? I didn't even dare to weigh myself this morning, and I don't plan on eating anymore today.

Trying to tell myself that I WILL BE OKAY, but instead am panicking...

Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    You will be okay. Glad you lived through it. :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    104-106 is fine. I have no idea how tall you are but if you are between 5'0 and 5'3, anything between 100 and 110 would probably be considered maintenance for you and on the lowest end of the healthy weight scale - just as a guide.

Dont freak about a pound. A cup of water weighs about a pound.
  • hummingbirdhope
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    104-106 is fine. I have no idea how tall you are but if you are between 5'0 and 5'3, anything between 100 and 110 would probably be considered maintenance for you and on the lowest end of the healthy weight scale - just as a guide.

Today I'm 108.5 :( I didnt even binge yesterday! Ugh... This is so stressful. Fasting today...
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    If you were following a plan before, simply get back to the plan. One day off (or 3 or 4) shouldn't destroy a long-term plan. It is simply time to get back to normal. Everyone deserves a day off once in a while. I think the fasting might be hurting you. I'd try to just eat a reasonable caloric intake so as to avoid crazy hunger. Binge-fast, binge-fast, binge-fast isn't a good plan. It will always fail.

PS. I hope you are just trying to maintain. 105 (or 108) isn't exactly overweight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Fasting is likely to just make it worse.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Fasting is likely to just make it worse.

Yeah... I second that. Don't punish yourself by fasting after you binge.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    just know that after a period of not working out and not logging food, the hardest day is the first one. then you're already back on the horse.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    A person can fluctuate 4-5pounds in a day depending on intake and activity, but it's only temporary. Not worth panicking over. Just get back to your regular healthy eating program and it will balance out soon enough. Like SLHysell said, "Binge-fast, binge-fast, binge-fast isn't a good plan. It will always fail".
  • marlovs78
    marlovs78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Today I'm 108.5 :( I didnt even binge yesterday! Ugh... This is so stressful. Fasting today...
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/eating-disorders/in-depth/eating-disorder-treatment/art-20046234

• Rambo529
    Rambo529 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

This^^^

Fluctuating a few pounds in a week is not abnormal for anyone. And it sounds like there's a lot of sodium (chips) going into your body, which would cause one to retain water. Flush out with more water and go back to what you were doing before your birthday. It's not the end of the world.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness for second changes and a new dawning.
    You need to eat a good healthy meal for breakfast lunch and dinner - no fasting ever, unless it's for religious reasons.
    Always try to do what you can sustain and stop obsessing about the weight - think healthy not light weight.
    You might need to see a professional about the scale obsession as small as you are. Just because they can put this all in perspective for you better than any stranger on the internet can.
    You will be okay... You are okay...Today is a new day and you get a second change to do it right.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I hope you are no taller than 5' tall. Otherwise you need to see a professional. I feel so much for women who have become ill because of a body image misperception.
  • hummingbirdhope
    Options
    SLHysell wrote: »
    If you were following a plan before, simply get back to the plan. One day off (or 3 or 4) shouldn't destroy a long-term plan. It is simply time to get back to normal. Everyone deserves a day off once in a while. I think the fasting might be hurting you. I'd try to just eat a reasonable caloric intake so as to avoid crazy hunger. Binge-fast, binge-fast, binge-fast isn't a good plan. It will always fail.

PS. I hope you are just trying to maintain. 105 (or 108) isn't exactly overweight.

I was maintaining 105 until now...
  • yoovie
    edited November 2014
    Options
    * dup post
  • yoovie
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I hope you are no taller than 5' tall. Otherwise you need to see a professional. I feel so much for women who have become ill because of a body image misperception.

please be careful when making statements such as this one, according to the BMI scale, which many new users use as the Bible, if you are 5'3 and under this is not even considered underweight, and you could be giving her a lil bit more of a complex in the opposite direction.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options

please be careful when making statements such as this one, according to the BMI scale, which many new users use as the Bible, if you are 5'3 and under this is not even considered underweight, and you could be giving her a lil bit more of a complex in the opposite direction.
    I agree, so why did THIS comment get flagged??
  • yoovie
    Options
    because people don't like the truth.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    because people don't like the truth.

True.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

OP - same advice as when you first posted about your birthday binge. You don't need to fast. You just need to get back to whatever eating habits you were following before your birthday. I would also advise staying away from the scale for at least a week. You sound like you are getting very obsessed and consumed by this number. It is going to take a few days for things to normalize. They will normalize. You don't need to take any extraordinary measures like fasting.