New here and would love some advice! 5"2 weigh 142 goal weigh 115-120

Options
2»

Replies

• focus135
    Options
    Hello I am new to mfp and would love some advice . I am 30 years old and currently weigh 142 lbs. My goal weight is between 115-120 lbs. I want to lose weight to become healthier and have more energy. overall I want a new me :) I would love advice on what has worked for you , and what would be great meal plans to follow along with work out plans. I am debating on p90x , insanity and t25 and not sure which will be best for me :smile:

You can add me if you like. I'm online daily and committed to releasing the last of my weight forever.
  • focus135
    Options
    NSimone27 wrote: »
    if you are mostly interested in weight loss, restricting your calorie intake is really what matters! I lost 12 ish lbs in about a month and the only exercise I ever had time for was walking (as I don't have a car), just from eating at a deficit. that being said, exercising burns calories, allowing you to eat more and building muscle is always good too! I started around 138 lbs and am currently at 122 so I understand where you are coming from :)

Yes but muscle takes up less space on the human body than fat. Walking is a start but working out increases your metabolism and builds muscle. We all have time for exercise.
  • mrscronkhite
    Options
    if you ever find yourself struggling, is to pre log your food for the day!

I do the same and it seems to work pretty well. I'm 5'4" and have the same issue.
  • brookelynn_30
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input it makes me feel alot better knowing I am not alone in the struggle ! Being short def has its disadvantages as you can tell more quickly when someone gains wait since we have no where for it to go! :) I am trying to log everything I eat and would love to get healthy again! Please add me as a friend if you have any pointers
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    exercise helps but diet is super important too. i'm 5ft and every kg on my frame shows. eating better is a biggy for me.
  • soapyskin
    soapyskin Posts: 20 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    5'3", currently 148 and targeting 130. I'm naturally muscular and am targeting my weight when I was in my best shape! Anyone else on the shorter side trying to maintain muscle mass while losing??

Yep! :) I'm also 5'3" at 140 and targeting 130-125. I am naturally muscular as well! I find that I make it to 130, but rarely stay there. I am also trying to maintain muscle mass. What kind of work outs do you do?

To the OP - I swear by Jillian Michaels. I have tried many other HIIT videos, but faithfully return to Jillian. Nothing has sculpted my arms/back/tummy better (but it probably has something to do with me sticking with it).

She has some awesome HIIT videos, but I actually have a pretty interesting cardio specific routine I follow with her. I begin with the first circuit of One Week Shred Cardio, follow it up with the first circuit of Cardio 1 from Body Revolution, and finish with two circuits of Cardio 2 (also from Body Revolution). It's one of my favorite go-to work outs, and it's about forty minutes of variety. You can mute it, and play your own music - it's ridiculously simple to memorize. Maybe it seems confusing to constantly switch, but it keeps things fresh for me and I just jog/shuffle in place while I'm switching. It probably wouldn't be convenient if you use a DVD player.

I believe all of the Body Revolution workouts you can access via YouTube, but not sure about One Week Shred. I know for sure everything is on iTunes.

Anyway, good luck, whatever you decide to do!! :)

• soapyskin
    soapyskin Posts: 20 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I forgot to mention the meal plan I follow that has without question worked for me was also Jillian Michaels diet plan, but it is significantly calorie restrictive and it involves a lot of cook/prep time. It can be quite of a shock if you are not used to eating like this. You can see it here.

I view this diet as definitely a "kickstart" - I don't know if it is necessarily sustainable, I maintained it for a while but eventually the weight crept up when I stopped following it (not dramatically, though). Again, good luck! There was a lot of great advice in this thread.