Graduating Insanity -- What to do next?

Options
I am not really close to graduating Insanity. I am just looking ahead. I believe in the philosophy that in order to progress your body, you must progress your intensity. So is there anything out there equally or more intense than Insanity that does not require weights or equipment? I really like the body weight regimens that Insanity uses. Anything out there like that?

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about the Asylum. I have some great videos on that one... and it seems to be pretty intense. Congrats for you for almost graduating... I agree you have to keep pushing your body!
  • mare91467
    mare91467 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just checked out the Asylum series. It looks really good, but I worry about the jump rope. I don't have a lot of space to use one. Maybe I can do that part outside? Anyway, it is a top contender right now. Thanks!
  • tgo6st1
    tgo6st1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree I heard Asylum is twice as bananas as Insanity.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Insanity: Asylum will destroy any faith you ever had in your ability to finish up Insanity. Graduating once through Insanity to take on Asylum is like thinking an hour long leisurely run will prepare you for Olympic marathon running.
  • mignalg
    mignalg Posts: 30
    Options
    Congrats...I do my final fit test for INSANITY tomorrow and will be starting ASYLUM!!!! Have you looked into P90X?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I would add in strength work from P90X or Chalean Extreme. Do a hybrid with Insanity
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    I was going to suggest Asylum as well. I have it but haven't started it yet.
  • KayronM
    KayronM Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Try Insanity - The Asylum. It's tough and different. I'm on day 15 and loving every second of it. Don't worry about jump rope space, you can do it without the jump rope.
  • mare91467
    Options
    LOL, I am not close to graduating yet! I am just thinking ahead.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Thinking ahead is good! You are setting your goals and getting your mind right for what's to come.
  • SuziScott
    SuziScott Posts: 57
    Options
    I have one more month of Insanity and then I will be starting Asylum! I just ordered it yesterday!
  • mare91467
    Options
    Insanity: Asylum will destroy any faith you ever had in your ability to finish up Insanity. Graduating once through Insanity to take on Asylum is like thinking an hour long leisurely run will prepare you for Olympic marathon running.

So, you are suggesting that I do Insanity multiple times before moving on to Asylum? Maybe find a 30 day program to do and then try it again, or do you suggest doing it back to back?
  • mare91467
    Options
    Don't worry about jump rope space, you can do it without the jump rope.

Kayr28, thank you. It is good to know that the jump rope can be worked around. Although I do like to jump rope, it requires high ceilings and a large area to do it and I am working in a very small spot at the moment. My garage is a work out center but I don't have mats yet that can absorb the time on my hands and knees for the Insanity work outs.