insanity workout

Options
How long did it take for you to start noticing a difference in your weight? I am in the middle of week 2, and nothing is really hapoening. I went from not working out at all, to working out 40 mins 5 times a week. I know I still need to alter my diet which would help, but I'm a little worried since I'm almost half way through the first month.

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    When I did Insanity last year, the scale didn't move much. However, I noticed big changes in my strength and endurance, and my body was changing. I'm doing it again, and it's the same thing. From what I hear from others, it's not uncommon to not lose much (if any) weight during Insanity.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I did insanity and did lose some weight but it wasn't a dramatic amount. I think because I didn't pay as much attention to the diet plan that I should have, that is very important as the exercise only supplements the caloric burn. I did feel stronger, did tone up and get a little more definition, was sore as hell for some time but not much else. Programs like that are designed to be used over and over again in repetition to achieve a certain body composition and result. Furthermore, all the heavy exercise causes water to be pumped to your muscles for repair and recovery, quick weight loss changes on the scale shouldn't be expected.
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know I need to change eating habits, but I was just trying to do one small change at a time and implement diet here shortly. I just assumed as much cardio as I am doing a week compared to what I was doing-which was nothing that I should lost something. I'm desperate to lose some weight that I've put on in the past couple of years for my wedding next november. I just don't want to feel like a slave to counting calories.
  • ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options
    When I did insanity I gained the first week or two but by the end of the month I lost a couple pounds. I didn't follow the diet but I did watch calories in vs calories out. I noticed changes in my body measurements by two weeks.
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I should have measured. I'm just wondering if this is not the workout for me. I need to lose at least 25lbs. My goal weight would be 40lbs. I know eating habits have a lot to do with me losing the weight and I'm slowing trying to adjust them. Trying to cut out pop and reduce portions right now.
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    most people say the changes dont happen until month 2 due to water retention in the first month. Especially if you went from not working out to insanity thats going to be a major shock to the system. Either way its worth sticking with it will make you fitter and you will lose inches if you eat the right way
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    If you're still consuming more calories than you're burning, you will not be able to lose weight. You'll need to be logging your food in order to know whether you should be seeing the scale move or not.

Insanity will do great things for your overall fitness, and if 40 min/day of plyo-cardio is not making the scale move, time to look to the kitchen for the cause.
  • ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options
    I should have measured. I'm just wondering if this is not the workout for me. I need to lose at least 25lbs. My goal weight would be 40lbs. I know eating habits have a lot to do with me losing the weight and I'm slowing trying to adjust them. Trying to cut out pop and reduce portions right now.

I didn't lose much on insanity. I lost 7-9 lbs total but I was fit and I loved the way my body looked. I was about 132 by the end of it and I looked better and smaller then at 126.4 not fit. It all depends what you are looking for.
  • erincuthrell
    erincuthrell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would def. measure... I have only lost about 12lbs in the past 4 months doing T25 and Insanity. However I have lost 4 inches from my hips and 2 from my waist. And an inch from each thigh. I'm about to start my 2nd month and I've heard that is where the REAL results come from, because I think Shawn T practically kills you. My sis-in-law has done it before and she recomended drinking a ton of water. I have two small children (who are crazy btw) and I was stress eating A LOT! As in as soon as we got home from work/school/church I was stuffing my face with chips or chocolate because getting them in and out of their car seats is like giving a cat a bath. Once I figured out that I was eating junk due to stress I decided I needed to combat stress in a different way... like sweating my butt off. I've done other programs, done the gym thing, tried running, but nothing has been more effective than Insanity for me. You will get results, just keep it up and try to eat healthy!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    even with altering their diet, a lot of people don't see much in the first weeks or even the first month. the truth is, 2 weeks is just a very short amount of time, even when your busting *kitten*.
    you can easily out train poor nutrition. not only is it possible to gain weight on insanity, it discusses how much you need to eat in order to accomplish that in the nutrition guide.
    I know the workout is tough, but I wouldn't really expect to be happy in the end unless you tracked calories.
  • waycoolken
    Options
    Sound advice above... I'm an Insanity advocate... though I do use P90x (Xbox One) also.. Listen to the folks above about tracking your intake.. If you're not in a calorie deficit then you are likely gaining not losing.. I noticed changes after the third week.. and progressively after that..

Shaun T doesn't try to kill you.... He tries to get you to kill YOURSELF ! :smile:

Stick with it... but listen to these folks above about tracking your calories.. you will succeed !

Best,
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't pay any attention to the scale during any of Shaun T's intense programs. Track your progress through the mirror and measuring tape. I weigh less now than I did when I did Insanity and T25, but my stomach was noticeably smaller while doing Insanity & T25. I ate around 1600-1800 calories during both programs.

Two weeks is not enough to see any type of progress. Give it time. You haven't even finished month 1. Keep going.
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've done both Insanity and T25 and I found it hard to lose weight on Insanity because the workouts make me ravenous. T25 was easier for weight loss for me. I just wasn't hungry after 25 minutes of lower impact training like I was after 50+ minutes of Insanity (in month two).

Having said that, I got much better results from Insanity in terms of improved fitness.
  • splashtree5
    splashtree5 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I did insanity to gain muscles I find it great training, the diet is a bit strict.
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Please, Do yourself a favour and TAKE PROGRESS PHOTOS! When I was going Insanity last year, I thought meh the scale isn't moving... I then compared my shots side to side and was amazed. Don't forget to do your back progress pictures too.