Diet and motivation

Options
Do you have any ideas for ways that work for motivation?
Has anybody tried the jar thing for example?
I'm really struggling with eating clean at the moment. I had a baby two months ago and I need to lose the pregnancy weight. But I'm finding it really hard to avoid sugar, like sweets and fizzy drinks.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Holy hell girl - give yourself a break :)

Your body has just created an entire human being .. congratulations .. it takes a while to spring back.

Fuel your body to take care of your baby .. eat whole, healthy food .. if you want to weigh and track accurately and eat at a defecit then you should log it ... but if you're exclusively breastfeeding add in 500 calories - you should be able to have some sweets / sweet stuff and go for no cal fizzies

enjoy this time - it goes incredibly fast .. and try to get some sleep .. sleep helps
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do you have any ideas for ways that work for motivation?
    Has anybody tried the jar thing for example?
    I'm really struggling with eating clean at the moment. I had a baby two months ago and I need to lose the pregnancy weight. But I'm finding it really hard to avoid sugar, like sweets and fizzy drinks.

whats the jar thing!?

to lose weight, you just need a calorie deficit...

you only had a baby 2 months ago... give yourself a break!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Here're some good things to think about. What will reaching your goal mean to you? What will it let you do that you cannot do now? How will it affect you and those around you? Try to connect reaching your goals with an emotional response. That will keep you going. For example, I train hard and eat a healthy diet (not clean eating, I hit specific calorie and macro goals every day, get in my fiber, get in my micronutrients, and if I have room...some treat foods as well) so I can lead by example for my wife and son. It's their health and wellbeing that drives me.

Also, get into a great support group where people will encourage you and hold you accountable. I help to run a great support group on Facebook for people looking to improve their health and fitness. It's just a bunch of people supporting and encouraging each other to make progress towards their goals. It's an awesome community. If you're interested in it, I'd be glad to chat with you about it.

Allan
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    what does eating clean have to do with any of this ..?
  • slimwithoutgym
    slimwithoutgym Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi I had food cravings too with my new bub, especially with all the sleep deprivation. sometimes it is good to stock up on the vitamins too like VitB and make sure your iron and VitD (dairy, salmon, almonds) is all in good. the extra protein will help recover quicker. also been a big fan of fresh juices for that energy booster, highly recommend!

enjoy bubba the most and eat for energy it will drop off over the next couple of years just keeping busy
  • kristinlitla
    kristinlitla Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice everybody :)

Tavistock Toad: I'm too tired at the moment to explain haha, but here are two examples about what I meant about the jar thing:
    http://hotmessprincess.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Motivation-Marbles.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_cs3sjFydMU/UKaFWh4nmpI/AAAAAAAADM8/JNWJnLIrZAc/s1600/IMG_1828.JPG

ndj1979: I'm lacking motivation to eating more healthy... Therefore I'm asking for constructive ways to avoid the bad stuff, as I don't have much self discipline at the moment.