What to drink other than water to aid weight loss

Options
So I've completely cut out sugary drinks and fizzy drinks for a long time and I switched to sugar free flavoured water although I love the lemon and lime flavoured water it contains aspartame, which I know to be bad for you. So I've stopped drinking it and water is becoming stale and boring and honestly I enjoy some flavour in my drinks to help wash out bad tastes like certain vegetables.
Is there anything I can drink that has a good taste but maybe contains natural flavourings. Also if it was cheap that would help too.
Thanks

Replies

• maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Add some lemon or lime to your water - you might find that refreshing. I, personally, drink water, tea, coffee, an occasional glass of wine or unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and now that it's cold have resumed making ginger tea from grated ginger root.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Tea with splenda if you need sweet. Low or nonfat milk. Most flavored drinks that don't have sugar will have some form of artificial sweetener. I don't partake of them that often but when I do, I don't worry about it because you would likely have to drink a good amount over a long period of time to have to worry about the effects of the sweetener.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    We have a product here in the US called True Lemon. It's crystallized lemon, so you don't need to keep fresh lemons on hand. I use it in water because I'm not a huge fan of plain water. Otherwise I use our SodaStream to make carbonated water.

Link to Amazon (US) for True Lemon, in case you need it to help you find it by you: http://www.amazon.com/True-Lemon-Bulk-Pack-Count/dp/B004RZ63KK
  • skatesynchro
    skatesynchro Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like to add cucumber to my water. Unlike lemon or lime, it doesn't get bitter throughout the day and flavors my water every time I refill the bottle.
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Tea--hot or cold. Tons of flavors, some are kind of naturally sweet. With or without caffeine. The options are endless!
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Seltzer! (I was going to say Hennessey because I couldn't resist)
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love oranges in my water occasionally. Some people love mint, cucumber, strawberries and mint. I read this morning on Hungry Girl that in order for something to be labeled 0 calories it has to have 5 calories or less...if that is the case those calories could add up quickly if drinking 4 calories per serving throughout the day.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I drink Spark from AdvoCare, it has 45 calories per serving. I drink two servings a day, it's a nice small break from water.
  • MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
  • natebollinger
    natebollinger Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Try green iced tea (great antioxidants and other weight loss benefits) with Stevia for a sugar substitute. Stay away from Splenda and other non-natural sugar alternatives...
  • annehutson2
    Options
    There are so many flavors of tea to try, and adding fruit to water or a splash of lemon or lime or even a splash of apple cider vinegar tastes nice. I love decaf coffee in rich blends. Maybe make a smoothie once in a while.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I like Dr. Pepper Ten. It has a trace amount of sugar, which makes it taste better than traditional diet soda.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    kroger sells 12pk of zero calorie (no sweeteners) flavored seltzer water. I like raspberry best, but they have other flavors. I bought some today for around $2.50.
  • EamonMccann
    Options
    I would definitely buy a lot of the things mentioned but I live in the uk :(
    I haven't even seen any sugar free drink in the supermarkets without aspartame.
    And to this day I have found a green tea or any tea that I actually like drinking.
    Maybe I just need better recipes
  • klesterslash
    klesterslash Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Although I love lemon or lime in my water, be care full as the acid is bad or your teeth. Need a smile to go with what you are working for.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Is monkfruit sweetener or Truvia available in the UK? If so, why not get unsweetened drink packets and sweeten with those if you don't like aspartame?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Try getting used to water. It's not that bad once you stop obsessing about the fact that it isn't flavored.

Those Mio things are very tasty. I don't use them, but they're good. :)
  • Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Try herbal teas instead of Green or Black. They aren't as bitter. Also there are some sweet herbs. Licorice root and anise are two off the top of my head. I don't know if it's available where you are, but Good Earth "Sweet and Spicy" is too sweet for me, but the kids like it. I use it for iced tea and pair it with two black bags so everyone is happy. :)
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Celestial Seasonings Berry Zinger is excellent. I don't bother to sweeten it, it's good hot or cold and doesn't have caffeine.
  • Chaotic_Weevil
    Chaotic_Weevil Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Ham.