A little perspective

Options
earlnabby
earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
I have lost 70 lb so far. This morning I had to haul a 40 lb bag of cat litter up 2 flights of stairs. It really hit home just how much extra weight I was carrying around and the stress it put on my body and especially joints. Amazing that I was able to get around at all. I can't imagine trying to haul 2 bags of litter at the same time!

Replies

• mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Losing 70 pounds is incredible. Congratulations!!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Great Job.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You have done great. Fantastic! :mrgreen:
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    That is almost 2 of the 5 gallon water containers. 5-gallon-water-bottle-weighs-40-pounds_lg.jpg
  • Jesssamesssa
    Jesssamesssa Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    AMAZING JOB!!!!!!
  • nina07111
    nina07111 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    amazing.... 70 lbs is a great loss. Congrats!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    I just wish my cat would stop crapping over the side of the box. Can't he tell he's not all the way in? Idiot.

Get a box with higher sides or clean it more often.

• Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • bellbell922
    Options
    Great job!
  • 1pjah7
    1pjah7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! It is amazing how heavy that weight feels when it's something like cat litter, yet how long have many of us carried that weight around on our bodies 24/7. Small wonder joints hurt, and energy is low. Picking up something that weighs close to what you lost is a good way to see just how far you have come.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Great suggestion, I don't know if I could carry around a 40 lb, let alone 70 lb weight...

Congratulations on your weight loss!!
  • _Blues_
    _Blues_ Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i recently had a similar experience, I was taking my usual hour long walk the other night this time my niece tagged along with me, about half way she complained that her legs were starting to hurt and asked if I would carry her on my back. So I did for about 4 or five minutes. She weighs about 60lbs I have only lost 30 but still it was a bit of an eye opener. Congrats on your success!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! seventy pounds is a lot to carry around. I bet you are glad to get rid of it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!