ideas for cottage cheese?

Options
13»

Replies

• burtnyks
    burtnyks Posts: 124 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I can't stand the consistency but I know its good for you so I use it in pureed form. I usually use it to make protein pancakes or protein pudding. For the pancakes you just blend equal amounts of oatmeal, cottage cheese and egg (or egg whites); like 1/2 cup of each for example. You can add in fruits, cocoa powder, etc for additional flavor. For the pudding I will usually throw it in the food processor with some peanut butter, a Tbsp of sugar free pudding mix and a scoop of whey protein....sometimes a bit of milk if its too thick. I'll eat that for my last meal of the day since casein is supposed to be slow digesting. You can also make breakfast muffins with it which are very good: http://www.closetcooking.com/2008/01/cottage-cheese-and-egg-muffins-with-ham.html

I just saw you are vegetarian...not sure if you eat eggs or not.....
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    buffing up my protein, so cottage cheese has become a daily staple. i usually mix it with berries, or just cinnamon or cocoa, or flavoured greek yogurt. what are some exciting ways i can use cottage cheese, maybe as something other than for breakfast?

I like adding Hidden Valley spice packet stuff to it that is intended for making dressing, just a tad does it. They have of course their normal Ranch, Fiesta, Salsa something or other, several flavors.
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have put tomatoes, pineapple and a little ham (not all at the same time!)
  • Cheyenelikewyoming
    Options
    When I make scrambled eggs, I put about 1/4 cup of cottage cheese in. It makes the eggs fluffy!
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    When I make scrambled eggs, I put about 1/4 cup of cottage cheese in. It makes the eggs fluffy!

Sounds good, The other day I was making scrambled eggs and though what the hey lets toss in a can of tuna while its cooking.... Was so bad...lol...I did eat it but never again.

• IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    lots of great ideas here, will get some cottage cheese and try some out.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with either mango or pineapple.