I ate at a buffet!

Options
Aesop101
Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
I'm coming clean. No danger of going over in calories since I burned over 2400 today. I will tell you that is where the Sodium Monster spawns.

Still I'm trying to remember every thing I ate. I am protein sated. hehe, I think they may have had some vegetables too. Hmm, just trying to recollect.

Grabbed some well earned dessert and brought it back to eat in front of my golf buddy. He said I was going yum, hmm, wow, ooo, I don't recall that. Well he runs up and grabs carrot cake, chocolate covered bananas, and a sundae. He said because of all my noises.

Alright, I know, okay! This isn't good. However I think once in a blue moon yeah it works. Back to the healthy me...in 3......2.........1!

Replies

• IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Dont feel bad.......I just had mexican food!! It was delish:-D
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Everyone deserves a treat or splurge now and then! Dont feel bad!
  • steino53
    steino53 Posts: 3
    Options
    Watch out man, once you walk on the wild side it can be really hard to get back on the wagon. I know how invitingthose desserts can be, I'm struggling with whether or not to make that Betty Crocker Cookie brownie mix I put on the counter today. Hellllpppp!!!!
  • mjersh
    mjersh Posts: 46
    Options
    How did you burn 2400 calories??
  • alicia826
    alicia826 Posts: 51
    Options
    I had taco johns yesterday! It was the most amazing thing in my life! Well at least in the last couple of months! haha But your right, you have to partake in that every once in a while! I think if I didn't give in to my taco craving, I would have probably said screw it a couple days later and ate EVERYTHING! lol :) I'm sure I was making all the mmmm noises too!!!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm having my splurge meal tonight so it will be def be about a 3,000 day but I'm going to enjoy every minute of it! It's planned, once a week! Heading out for a walk/jog right now to get my burn on before I do the damage, it's called damage control...lol! hugs
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    it took me almost 5 days to get back to normal, after my MINI-BINGE for Easter. I won't do that again for awhile.
  • KTalada
    KTalada Posts: 47
    Options
    No worries! I ate chocoalte cake at a buffet a few days ago too.:embarassed: Those moments of weakness are normal & they're gonna happen from time to time. Just move on & do your best. What else can we do? I'm a major chocoholic & have been having so much trouble with cravings--no sugar added fudge pops or sugar free pudding are my friends when I can't resist. You are not alone, my friend. We all struggle with those sugar cravings! :wink:
  • Aesop101
    Options
    How did you burn 2400 calories??

In a great way, Golf!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Wow nice! You must have golfed for like 8 hours straight! What a day :)
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Golf burns 2400 calories? Really?
  • marte80
    marte80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    2400 calories in golf.....How? ....I have seen some fat people on the greens. I don't know about that but good luck to you in your journey. It's ok to slurge every once in awhile. Keep golfing!
  • Aesop101
    Options
    Golf burns 2400 calories? Really?

I swear and we were riding in a cart. I am so tired and worn out it isn't funny. My buddy who is 63 said the was going to play golf and mow two yards. I said I doubt that! You doubt me. I respect you man, but it ain't gonna happen. Then he wanted to go the buffet. What can I say, he paid for a very expensive round of golf. I would have picked subway. After eating he jumps into the jeep and immediately falls asleep. LOLOLOL.

I wanted to encourage him but krap, this old man was tired.
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    2400 calories playing golf? No cart I assume?
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I wish we had some good healthy buffets around here... I'd kill for a tasty salad buffet :flowerforyou:
  • Aesop101
    Options
    2400 calories playing golf? No cart I assume?

Yep in a cart too. If I had done this without a cart it would have been near 4,000.
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I also took 5 days after Easter to get back on track. I tried so hard while my family was here but they kept wanting to go out for dinner. I was doing so good before. I think it's best to really watch how you splurge. try not to make it all junk. then when you try to get back on track it's not so difficult.

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5201100_many-calories-golf-burn_.html
  • Aesop101
    Options
    I also took 5 days after Easter to get back on track. I tried so hard while my family was here but they kept wanting to go out for dinner. I was doing so good before. I think it's best to really watch how you splurge. try not to make it all junk. then when you try to get back on track it's not so difficult.

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5201100_many-calories-golf-burn_.html

I weigh 286.

Yep took me 5 days after Easter to get back down. Mostly sodium from the Ham and Deviled eggs. Oh and the Cheesy potatoes. I was at Mom's. I never went over my calorie allowance either.

I've done this before back in October. The next day I had a loss. I hope that happens tomorrow. <Crosses Fingers>
  • Tiffy11011
    Tiffy11011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I ate at a buffet on Saturday as well. But it was a seafood buffet and I tried to make good choices, lots of grilled shrimp and veggies. I went a bit over my calorie intake but it was delicious and worth it and I definitely don't do it everyday.