Day 9 - No Motivation :(

Options
Hi All! :)

I know I'm here for a reason, but that reason doesn't have me very motivated (even though it's a good one)! I'm a roller coaster of weight loss & gain and just can't seem to get on track.

I am getting married in June...Since starting my relationship I have started to gain weight and gain weight. I've gained about 20 lbs. The dress I've bought still zips (thank GOODNESS) however I look flabby and gross in it. I am sad. I am mad. I still have no motivation.

I joined MFP 9-ish days ago. I've been tracking and eating better and I've joined a fitness class 2x per week. I've swapped my pop for water. Thing is, I HATE eating healthy. I HATE drinking water. I HATE working out! How can I start to at the very least like these things?? Am I doing something wrong?!?

I am feeling alone with everyone around me being able to eat their cheeseburgers and pizza and ice cream, while I am left munching on my cucumbers and carrots. Please send me all of your tips for eating healthy and LOVING it & working out and LOVING it! I am really in need of some major motivation!

xx Kim

Replies

• redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    First you just need to set your goals, Then stay in your calorie limit everyday eating whatever floats your boat...After a couple weeks when you have that down your body will start to see what foods keep you under your cals and keep you feeling full..Then you will start to pay attention and you can adjust your Macros to fit your needs, Workout 3x a week and eat back 50% of your cals burned from said workout.. Do not eliminate foods all together as this is just a setup to fail, If you want pizza, burgers etc, Eat one and just make sure the cals fit in your total....Cheers
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Well, it's work and you have to want it. And there's no end date - if you're doing it just for your wedding, that's fine and all, but to be really successful at it you have to view it as a change in lifestyle. Because are you planning to lose the weight for your wedding then gain it all back again afterwards? Or do you want this to be a lifetime change? Because the wedding is only one day. Your weight and your health is the rest of your life.
  • renegadesaint07
    renegadesaint07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Find something active that you actually ENJOY doing. It seriously makes all the difference in the world. Anything that gets you off the couch and moving around is something worth trying. Try something weird or out there, even if you don't like it, you can at least say you tried it and move on to the next thing. Use your imagination! Working out doesn't have to mean running on a treadmill.
  • fiziksphreak
    fiziksphreak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As redfisher1974 said, eat what you want just stay within the calories. Also you don't have to do a hard workout to burn calories. You would be amazed by how many calories you burn by simply going for a 1 mile walk. Consequently, the more exercise you get the more calories you can consume.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've been eating bacon, candy, pizza, burgers, and a few other "bad" foods all along. I just eat much LESS of them. I used to get the whole meal, now it's just the burger, and I eat something healthier along with it. I used to eat 5 slices of pizza, now I eat one or two depending on the calorie count. I eat M&Ms, but instead of several handfuls, I actually COUNT them and log them accordingly.

When motivation lags, let self-discipline take over for a while. When you see a drop on the scale, motivation returns!
  • redfisher1974
    Options
    CariJean64 wrote: »
    I've been eating bacon, candy, pizza, burgers, and a few other "bad" foods all along. I just eat much LESS of them. I used to get the whole meal, now it's just the burger, and I eat something healthier along with it. I used to eat 5 slices of pizza, now I eat one or two depending on the calorie count. I eat M&Ms, but instead of several handfuls, I actually COUNT them and log them accordingly.

When motivation lags, let self-discipline take over for a while. When you see a drop on the scale, motivation returns!

This^ I go to McD's with my family and just have a burger no fries or pop...I feel full and it fits my macros..
  • PSS528
    Options
    What are macros?
  • GenevieveD
    Options
    It sounds so dumb but what finally started working for me I made a contract. Yup a contract to work out. I have to email my friend that holds me accountable. I revealed my weight along with letting her see me in a sports bra and shorts. I hope she can burn that vision out of her brain eventually. Anyways I realized it was very easy for me to lie to myself and most ppl around me. So I promised to work out 4 days a week for thirty minutes. I have to send her a snapchat after each of my workouts so that she can see that I am actually breaking a sweat. As for the foods I started trying vegan recipes. I know what you're thinking vegan eww gross. Some are actually very good and it allows me extra calories to splurge. I hope it helps.
  • Ainesilver
    Ainesilver Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Instead of looking at all the food you cannot have, look at ways to make what you eat more flavorful. Try adding small portions of dips or salsa to your cucumbers and carrots. If you are bored with eating food like chicken, spice it up to make it more interesting and satisfying. If you find water gross, try adding a low cal or no cal flavoring to it.

Or you could also find something you like that has a mini version and eat just one or two. I like the dove ice cream minis because I can have one 60 calorie mini and it satisfies the craving. You could also cut the burger in two and save the rest for tomorrow or have only 1 piece of pizza.
  • redfisher1974
    Options
    PSS528 wrote: »
    What are macros?

Protein, carbs, and fats are called macro-nutrients - hence macros