Help Me Help You

Options
45 years old. Three Teenage Daughters, Wife, Mother in law, Dog, Cat, Fish, Hamster...along comes my son. I weighed 265, had high blood pressure, high bad cholesterol, low good cholesterol, sleep apnea, fatty liver, hernia, etc. Fast forward a few years, in a grocery store... crowded checkout ... my boy says good and loud "You're really FAT Dad." I laughed it off, but bottled that up good. He was right. I was. I had given up it would seem. How embarrassing. I never wanted him to think it say that again. Wanted to be a good example. Long story short, about a year ago, after a hernia surgery, I use the downtime to come up with an eating strategy and exercise. Some good friends and a couple great ones on MFP I manage to lose 50lbs. Down to 215 at one point. Long story even shorter... the stresses of life, a couple months gone, the loss of a close friend...I have piled it back on to 252. what an embarassing waste. My heart may be broken, my spirited shattered, but my young son is still here. And needs me. Head lowered in shame, I offer any help I can give to you if you'd like to be MyFitnessPALS. I did it before, and I'll do it again. I could use any help you have to offer as well. Nobody does it alone. Although we try, don't we. I'm 45, a Plumber, and I was in The U.S. Marine Corps... so let's TeamUp, We got this!

Replies

• Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    Options
    Yup, add me :-) in the space of 7 years I moved a couple of countries and managed to put on zillions of kgs. My heaviest was 110 kg! I'm now 77 and have another 12 to go. Im doing it for myself as I was aghast at how I could have let it get so bad. I've always been sporty and have def had chubby but very fit times. So part of my reason too is my son. He's a big boy now at 18 but also has the skills at piling on a few pounds. He's so often said to me ' you are my inspiration in so many ways ' so I can show him that dropping those kgs and being fit and healthy is so doable. Do it for yourself and do it for your son too. You sound like an awesome dad. We know that we just have to keep up this lifestyle forever right. :-)
    Oh... And 3 teenage daughters!!!! Yikes!!!! Good luck with that ;-)
  • lindseykp
    Options
    I'd love to help encourage you in your journey. I have lost over 36 pounds and have about 5-10 more to go! You are setting a good example for you kids by showing them you care about your health! You got this! Feel free to add me :)
  • bellybox
    Options
    First step-STOP beating urself up!! Look forward, not back. U can do it and, ur right, nobody can do it alone!! Gud luck!!!
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    welcome back to mfp feel free to add me.
  • victoriaalice40
    Options
    Please add me. You are great!
  • Joyfulkneves23
    Joyfulkneves23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. We can support each other :)
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :)