Workout recommendation...

DKBelle
DKBelle Posts: 585
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey MFP friends:)

Has anyone tried P90X, Insanity, TurboFire, 30 days shred, Winsor Pilates or Leslie Sansone walking workouts? Which is the one that you would recommend and why? I hope this topic will be useful for others who are thinking of starting some of these workouts.

Thanks for the comments and advises regarding other workouts if you have tried :)

Replies

• cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    I am currently doing insanity and Turbo Fire together. They bothe are great and intense programs. If you want the intensity and u like having fun and dance then do Turbo Fire. If you like the intensity but you want to sweat like crazy and really have someone push u pass ur limits then get Insanity. But Insanity is not for the weak. If you have kneww problems, back, or any kind of joint problems stay away from Insanity. There is alot of jumping plyometrics in Insanity. Turbo Fire has modifications that you can do and its so fun and u get a good sweat. I hope this helps!
  • I am on day 4 of the insanity program and it is pretty intense. I only need to lose 10-15 lbs and find this workout very strenuous. I got the workout from a friend who just started it again himself. He did it for about a month and lost about 20 lbs. You have to be willing to really work hard and sweat ALOT! But I think if I keep with it I will see the results. As Sean on the video says you have to commit, work and succeed.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Im a BeachBody coach ... and currently in the middle of my rotation of P90X!

I think they are all wonderful fitness programs with wonderful results, but I think the decision has to be individualized based on one's fitness level and abilities and time schedule. I encourage everyone to push themselves, but picking a program that is too far advanced from where you are is a good way to get hurt too.

Can you tell me a bit more about your current fitness level?
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    I have tried P90X, ChaLEAN Extreme, TurboFire, and Hip Hop Abs.

I personally love ChaLEAN Extreme and TurboFire the best... and I think a big reason for that is because I love Chalene Johnson (the instructor). That might because because she's a woman and can better motivate women. Tony Horton (P90X) and I don't get along too well, but my boyfriend didn't mind Tony at all!

Other than that, Chalene's workouts are higher energy and more upbeat... Definitely all geared towards women (though men do them too).

One more thing... I do highly recommend the ChaLEAN Extreme workout. I saw AMAZING results (particularly in slimming down and losing inches.. not that my 18 pounds lost was anything to sneer at) as I was building amazing muscle!!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    The workout you choose depends a lot on your physical condition right now. I would recomend Leslie Sansone for anyone that hasn't worked out in a few years or has bad knees. It's low to moderate impact and fun. I lost my first 40 lbs only doing Leslie's workouts! I just finished the 30 DS (for the second time), it's an awesome workout, but very challenging! Good luck!
  • Swyant09
    Swyant09 Posts: 3
    I am currently doing Insanity and it is incredible! Shaun T really keeps you motivated and makes you push. YOU WILL SWEAT DURING INSANITY, and often feel like giving up, but you can't! If you're really looking for great cardio workout that also helps tone your body, Insanity is the way to go.

I have also done Winsor Pilates, and I love it. It is less cardio and more toning, but I always feel it in my butt and abs the next day.

:-)
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    I have 30 day shred and am on level 1, I find it tough, and I burn about 200 calories doing it. I have some of the Leslie Sansone, and burn about 250-300 depending on the workout. I know that I need the shred and "no more trouble zones" for my "trouble areas", and I combine them with the treadmill on opposite days. But the Leslie one is more fun for me as I am not so coordinated, and makes it nice on opposite "light days".

Good Luck to You, Lynn
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Thank you for all taking the time for answering and helping for newbies. I am sure that our experiences will help to new MFP members on starting their milestone :)

@emmaleigh47 My energy level is quite good I believe. I am doing all of the workouts that I was asking about although I got bored fast with P90X and I found quite hard the insanity :))) (I am switching between these workouts nowadays so I won't get bored and can keep up the journey that I started).
  • I got amazing results with Turbo Jam and Jillian Michaels "no more trouble zones" I just added her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I'm trying to change things up as to not get bored. I'd have to say I have the most fun doing Turbo Jam. I do sweat like crazy doing all of the above. I do have Pilates tapes as well however, haven't used them in awhile because I prefer the higher calorie burn. Perhaps when I get to my LTG I can add these back in. I am actually considering Turbo Fire, not sure if I want to spend the $ cuz I'm about 4 #'s away from goal and did it with the exercises mentioned above. Good luck to you.
This discussion has been closed.