those who lost inches, not pounds!

Options
Has anyone on here only lost inches, & not weight? If so, post your success story & pics :) it could really make a difference to those who get discouraged about the scale.

Replies

• amberl10
    amberl10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 20 lbs but have lost well over 30 inches. Inches come off so much faster as you can see by my profile pic.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    6zpo2sy19bok.jpg

I lost a lot of weight during my initial weightloss (235-185) but the weight difference in the picture above is only 2-3 lbs. I started doing stronglifts 5x5 between the two pictures.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I gained 5 lbs btw these 2 pics....
  • Shelbyopolis
    Shelbyopolis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad others are excited about this! I did some measurements about a month ago and haven't really felt like I've been losing weight as I'm recovering from adrenal issues and have to take it easy. I've been consistent about sticking to my routine and focus on nutrition-not counting calories, but making my calories count, so I mustered up the courage to measure again. I'm happy to say that I have lost 1/2" on each thigh, 1" on my waist, almost 2" on my hips and almost 1" on my "inner tube"(love handles and belly)! I know it's going to be a gradual change, but I'm glad to have some results to show for it!
  • amy_elise1
    amy_elise1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've only lost about 5 lbs between the pictures, but after gaining a lot of muscle I've been losing a total of about 3.5 inches a month. :)

9p1ilcojhgx1.jpg
    pic.jpg 64.4K
  • brimingus
    brimingus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    :) I haven't lost any weight but I feel fantastic! I can't really say how many inches I've lost either. I'm horrible at actually remembering to measure.

result1.jpg
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Photo%20Collage%20Maker_hV4Oif_zpsqnudxi1p.png

Exact same weight and inches. However I think the progression is pretty noticeable. :)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Asherah29 wrote: »

Exact same weight and inches. However I think the progression is pretty noticeable. :)

<3
  • Asherah29
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »

<3

Thank ya! :)

• Shelbyopolis
    Shelbyopolis Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Damn, what strength building are you doing for abs like that?! Amazing!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

This is a great read about progress without losing inches (she actually gained a few pounds):
    bretcontreras.com/strength-creates-curves/
  • Asherah29
    Options

Damn, what strength building are you doing for abs like that?! Amazing![/quote]

Thank you!
    A little of this and a little of that. I get bored easily so I change it up all the time. Currently I run every other day (or there abouts) and the days between are filled with things like yoga, 30 day shred, insanity, kettlebells and plain ole weight lifting. It just depends on what I feel like doing on the day. I have a bad knee so sometimes I have to take it a little easier than others.
    Eating 1600+ calories a day. No special diet, just portion control and I usually don't work out more than 30 minutes a day. All done at home. No gym.

• Asherah29
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

This is a great read about progress without losing inches (she actually gained a few pounds):
    bretcontreras.com/strength-creates-curves/[/quote]

Thanks for the link! Its pretty close to what happened with me. I was upset for quite some time over busting my butt but not losing any weight. Then I got to where I could see the changes. Not even mad now lol

• mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I dont have progress pics just yet... but in the last month I have lost only 3 pounds but have lost 5 inches overall. (3 in my hips and 2 in my arms)
  • gogogo53
    gogogo53 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Damn, what strength building are you doing for abs like that?! Amazing!

Thank you!
    A little of this and a little of that. I get bored easily so I change it up all the time. Currently I run every other day (or there abouts) and the days between are filled with things like yoga, 30 day shred, insanity, kettlebells and plain ole weight lifting. It just depends on what I feel like doing on the day. I have a bad knee so sometimes I have to take it a little easier than others.
    Eating 1600+ calories a day. No special diet, just portion control and I usually don't work out more than 30 minutes a day. All done at home. No gym.

[/quote]

• gogogo53
    gogogo53 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Best way to do it !! and chances are you will keep it off....I have done it that way for 20 years.... agree with the 30 minutes a day... and change it up....:) portion control......do not complicate your life.... life is hard enough without stressing over what you can eat everyday.....
  • Asherah29
    Options
    gogogo53 wrote: »
    Best way to do it !! and chances are you will keep it off....I have done it that way for 20 years.... agree with the 30 minutes a day... and change it up....:) portion control......do not complicate your life.... life is hard enough without stressing over what you can eat everyday.....

Exactly! I love food and I love to eat so cutting out foods isn't an option for me, but controlling how much I eat of what is! I didn't want to just lose weight. I wanted a lifestyle change that was sustainable long term.
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    brimingus wrote: »
    :) I haven't lost any weight but I feel fantastic! I can't really say how many inches I've lost either. I'm horrible at actually remembering to measure.

result1.jpg

you can tell in your belly area and your face. Good job

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!