Tae Bo Lovers?

Options
I mention it often in my posts, but let me just clarify that I LOVE TAE BO!!! It just fits my personality. I was turned on to it after a not so pretty nursing school ordeal. It was much safer for me to punch air than people, so I fell right into it!!! I started aerobics at the age of 10 with a Kathy Smith CASSETTE!!! After that I got into Step Rebok and Denise Austin. I was amazed that she didn't look lilke she was doing much, but when I did it, things BURNED!!! I love that Tae Bo isn't a cutsey workout. I'm not delicate or cutesy! With this workout I can yell, grunt, burn, and most of all, see results!

Right now, my favorite workout is the Cardio Circuit 2. It's 53 min. long, but feels like 35! I like the beat, and the fact that he keeps talking about going through the storm. I am in the midst of the biggest storm in my life right now. I need to be reminded to praise God in the midst thereof. My least favorite workout, right now, is the Advanced. This is the green one that was on VHS when it initiallly came out. It's just intense!!! I'm okay with the kicking and punching, but when he goes to the floor it hurts so much I cry!!! :sad: I'm working toward it though. I plan to be doing it regularly by February. Those floor workouts hurt so much because those areas are so weak on me. I need to work them!

So does anyone out there love Tae Bo as much as I do? Why? What is your favorite Tae Bo workout? Why? Which is your least favorite? Why?

Does anyone not love Tae Bo? Why not?

By the way...I do not know Billy Blanks. He isn't paying me a penny - let alone a dime! I just love what works. That's all!:happy:

Y'all Be Blessed!

Replies

• blessedmamma
    Options
    I mention it often in my posts, but let me just clarify that I LOVE TAE BO!!! It just fits my personality. I was turned on to it after a not so pretty nursing school ordeal. It was much safer for me to punch air than people, so I fell right into it!!! I started aerobics at the age of 10 with a Kathy Smith CASSETTE!!! After that I got into Step Rebok and Denise Austin. I was amazed that she didn't look lilke she was doing much, but when I did it, things BURNED!!! I love that Tae Bo isn't a cutsey workout. I'm not delicate or cutesy! With this workout I can yell, grunt, burn, and most of all, see results!

Right now, my favorite workout is the Cardio Circuit 2. It's 53 min. long, but feels like 35! I like the beat, and the fact that he keeps talking about going through the storm. I am in the midst of the biggest storm in my life right now. I need to be reminded to praise God in the midst thereof. My least favorite workout, right now, is the Advanced. This is the green one that was on VHS when it initiallly came out. It's just intense!!! I'm okay with the kicking and punching, but when he goes to the floor it hurts so much I cry!!! :sad: I'm working toward it though. I plan to be doing it regularly by February. Those floor workouts hurt so much because those areas are so weak on me. I need to work them!

So does anyone out there love Tae Bo as much as I do? Why? What is your favorite Tae Bo workout? Why? Which is your least favorite? Why?

Does anyone not love Tae Bo? Why not?

By the way...I do not know Billy Blanks. He isn't paying me a penny - let alone a dime! I just love what works. That's all!:happy:

Y'all Be Blessed!
  • indigirl
    Options
    I just started Elite Boot Camp with the Billy Bands and I really love it! It comes with 3 DVDs Cardio, Strength & Abs. I know eventually that I will have to buy another Cardio because the one with the Elite kit is basically for beginners. In this Cardio he doesn't stay with a move for more than 3 reps before he goes back to the neutral move. But I am definately lovin it!
  • blessedmamma
    Options
    Guess we're in a class by ourselves indigirl! I just bought the Amped series on ebay! I just found Ultimate Tae Bo! I'll be sure to get it when it fits into the budget!
  • madiposa
    Options
    WOW thats funny I used to do taebo people would even say that i was his girlfriend thats how faithful i was to his workout! Im really thinking about doing it again it WORKED!!! I did the first ones he came out with i do want to get a newer one! THATS COOL I KNOW HE CAN GET U MAD!!!:grumble:
  • IndyManda
    Options
    I had a Tae-Bo tape several years ago and lost it, so haven't done it since...looking back maybe it was intentional. I haaaaated it, but cause it huuuuuuuurt!!! J/K I've never worked so hard from watching a video. I really think it's amazing. Also, it works the problem areas for women the most. As far as I know, there's not another video out there that really targets those areas through cardio like Billy Blanks' does. I still do the moves as part of my daily routine. It changed my life at a time when I wasn't even that bad. I would recommend it to anyone. Also, I should add, another lasting effect it had on me was that I feel like I can Kick Box my husband now. He doesn't believe me, but I swear, if he were to dare me, I would Round-House the s*@# out of him!! Someday he will pay!
  • EmilyGrace1981
    EmilyGrace1981 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am a huge Tae Bo fan!!!! I have been using the tapes for over 5 years. I absolutely hate the bootcamp workouts!! They make me cry! :sad: I love the cardio 1, advanced 1&2, and billys favorite moves. I feel very chalanged and strong when I get done with the video. I am getting the Tae Bo Flex next, so I'll see how I like that.
  • fayevest
    fayevest Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i love the tae bo too but there is a woman in most of them that drives me freakin insane!!! i can't do them... :mad:
  • EmilyGrace1981
    EmilyGrace1981 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think I know who you are talking about! I had to learn to ignore her! :wink:
  • blessedmamma
    Options
    I'm thinking you're talking about Shellie - Billy's daughter. She irritated me in the beginning, but became a motivator as her form is flawless! I guess the irritating part was so was her body! She's got a 10 month old now, so some things have c hanged!