I have started a new work out that works well at home.

Options
I have started a new work out app I found on my phone.I do walk for 30 minutes outside to get my legs to relax.My muscle are sore.So I know I am working towards my goal.I just dont like going outside in the middle of winter to go to the gym.So I thought why not work in doors in my own home instead of getting off of work and the drive to the gym in cold harsh winter weather.Why not just start a full work out at home.With things around the house to use.Its what I have been doing.I want to get treadmill so I can walk in doors.But I have no idea where I could afford one on a budget any suggestions.

Replies

• CaraRahl
    CaraRahl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com is the website to check out...free videos for a variety of fitness levels, many with little to no equipment
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    check craig's list or ebay for a second hand one maybe? Or if you'd feel safer with a guarantee, there's stores that will sell both new and used equipment and you might be able to buy something used with a warranty. Last thought - some gyms will sell their old equipment when they upgrade to new, but again you never know what state it'll be in...
    - As an aside, if you want to mix it up a little, there's plenty of at home workouts you can find on youtube, fitnessblender etc. as well. Good luck!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I got our treadmill on craigslist about 5 years ago. It's a Proform. Great machine, no bells and whistles, 4 workouts. It's probably 10 years old already. Go to Sears or D*ck's Sprorting goods and get a maintenance kit and keep the rollers lubed and the underside of the belt lubed and clean.
  • castlefuzz
    castlefuzz Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I will check it out :)
  • here2bme
    here2bme Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hasfit.com is working great for me!
  • andreavan28
    andreavan28 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I got my treadmill at sears was like 329.00 I know that walmart has some affordable one's too just have to look around.... walmart also usually sells things cheaper on their website then you can pick it up at the store.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I bought an elliptical on Amazon for pretty cheap. I have the Horizon EX-69. There are also inexpensive treadmills on Amazon. This one has 4 stars and is only $199 with free shipping: http://www.amazon.com/Confidence-Power-Motorized-Electric-Treadmill/dp/B004TGWUPE/ref=sr_1_16?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1415883715&sr=1-16&keywords=treadmill

It's not as fancy or flashy as ones you'd find at the gym, but it does the job.

I also second using FitnessBlender. I do a 15 minute yoga routine 3-4 times a week. I love it. It really helps with leg and back stretching.
  • Boogs54
    Boogs54 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love to work out at the gym, but because of my work schedule, if I actually went to the gym to work out I wouldn't get home until sometime between 8-9pm every night and I have to be back in bed by 10:30-11pm.

So, I have a recumbant exercise bike that was bought at D1cks about 8 years ago. I do an hour a day 6 days a week on that on max resistance. I recently ordered a bench from Amazon for about $80 and I ordered a set of U 70 powerblocks and two kettle bell handles for them. This fits nice and compactly in my living room and the bench can even be used as extra seating in a pinch.

I do have a bench and 300lbs of weight in the basement, but...

1) I don't like working out in the basement.

2) I have no one to spot for me as my son works a different shift than I do.

Once the powerblocks get here, I'm hoping this will work out well for me.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    The SworkIt app awesome for at home body weight and cardio workouts!
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I also work out at home. I use fitness apps on my smart phone and I got a Bowflex in the bulletin board. We also have an Elliptical.
  • castlefuzz
    castlefuzz Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone the support really helps.I will check it out other places for treadmills :)