Am I really THAT weak?

Options
I've tried doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred a few times before, and I just gave up because it is so hard. I got it out again today, and MAN. I cannot keep up with her for 20 minutes. I felt like I only did about half the video. Has anyone else experienced this? Does it get easier? Am I really that wimpy? I can walk for miles, I've done strength training in the past, etc. Help!

Replies

• kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The first three days or so are the hardest. It gets a little easier after that :)
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    :) I've never tried 30 Day Shred, but I can tell you that NO, you're not weak!! It's just a matter of getting your body used to that type of exercise. Stuff that's different is always hard!

I can run 10 miles no problem, but I can barely do 15 push-ups. It's just a matter of taking your time and working up to it. The fact that you TRIED is what counts -- you're doing great, just keep at it and you'll be a pro in no time.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Try try and try again and yes it will get easier! :smile:
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Don't stop get it get it!! Keep it up, it will get easier. Do what you can and the next time add a little more and so on. I promise in a week, you will be like "wow this is not so bad" in a month, maybe sooner you will want to move on to the next level. Don't give up!!!! You will get results. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. You will get better at it. The first day I did, 30ds, I almost threw up. And I only made it through HALF the video. I kept at it and I'm about to start level 3 next week.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I have a whole shelf full of exercise videos that I stopped doing half way through the first time because they were just too hard. The first time I did the Shred, I wanted to quit before I had finished the warm up.:blushing: I continued because I had started it with a group of people on here. After I finished the first day, I couldn't move for a couple of hours, I just lay on the floor trying to catch my breath. I couldn't go up and down stairs for about three days. Eventually, my stamina increased and my body got stronger.

Just keep trying. Do your best. Modify what you need to modify. Slow down what you need to slow down. You will get stronger. I was amazed at the increase in my stamina. The workouts stay difficult, but if you keep trying, your body will be strong enough to do it.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    It really is a tough work out. I didn't think I'd have a hard time. I usually walk an hour on the treadmill at 4 - 4.5 mph and then do strength training. How could a 20 minute work out be too much for me? Well, it almost is. The first few days I thought I would die. I felt sick to my stomach and my legs were so sore I could barely walk. I kept doing it anyway. Every day I was able to do a little more. I missed 2 days over the Easter weekend, so I did it twice a day for 2 days to make up and stay on the 30 day track. Now I'm on day 3 of Level 2. It's almost like starting all over again. Keep going. Do as much as you can, and push a little past that. You can do it, and you'll feel so strong and so awesome when you do.
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! The first few days I couldn't do half of it and now I can get through all of Level 3 - Natalie, not Anita! So just do your best and keep pushing yourself.
  • airbari
    airbari Posts: 2
    Options
    Just stick with it and do what you can, when you can. You'll find that after some time, you're doing everything she's doing! Keep up the hard work!
  • srobinson1217
    srobinson1217 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Your not weak at all!!! You tried, people that are weak, don't even try!! Nobody does great the first time, no matter what kind of shape your in. All of those vidoes usually work parts of your body that your not normally working out, so it seems killer!! I can do an hour on the treadmill jogging but literally about cried 5 min into a spin class, they are just different muscles, keep it up, I bet you report back in 30 days and wonder what you were worried about!! :)
    :wink:
  • kcmurray
    kcmurray Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll keep at it ... if I can move tomorrow. :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Keep trying! I tried 30 Day Shred once, I lasted 8 minutes and went back to 10 Minute Trainer. Jillian will kick your butt, but it's so worth it.