looking for low carb friends

Options
Hi, I'm starting today on a low carb plan and I'd really like to add people who are starting with me or are on some stage of this journey. I'd like to share recipes and tips. I'd like to hear about successes and failures. I'm sure I'll have plenty enough of them to share as well. 37 yrs old, 5'3. Starting weight is 181 and my goal is 140 (but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to go lower)

Replies

• MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    I have had tremendous success limiting my carbs to 80g per day. I'm down 30 pounds and all my bloodwork has shown significant improvement. It was an eye-opener to me when I started tracking everything I ate and drank to see how much hidden sugar was in everyday items, which boosted carb count. But I am paying much closer attention to what I am eating and drinking and it is working well so far.
  • hamburgerbetty
    hamburgerbetty Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I've lost over 65lbs on a low card eating regimen. I have another 30-35 to go. Things are slowing down now with the weight loss. Support and suggestions are welcome. Good luck to all of you with this challenging journey.
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I try to limit carbs to 80 per day as I am Diabetic. Have lost 55 lbs so far, have 20 left to go. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • laneanna
    laneanna Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I've also had quite amazing success with the LCHF / keto diet plan. I've stayed under 35 g of carbs a day (though my goal is under 26!). I totally love this plan, & this is coming from a girl who notoriously abandons diets by the 3rd day! ;) I've been on it since September 25th & have already lost 14 lbs &, most noticeably, a few (combined) inches off my arms/ waist/ chest! It is becoming a lifestyle change for me, so I've got a few great recipes & tips to share too. If you're interested, please feel free to add me.
  • deesjourney
    Options
    also looking for lowcarb friends. I am a huge carb monster ! I love my breads and cookies and sweets. I never last on a low carb diet and am looking for way to "have my cake and eat it too" so to speak! anyone know any good recipes for treats???
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I do Keto. I do 20g net carbs. I've lost 62lbs. 30 to go. You should check out the keto and low carb groups.
  • Running_In_Circles
    Options
    I am following SB but am logging to make sure I am getting the appropriate nutrients and exercising to make sure I am at least sweating four times a week. For me, what's been effective about SB is taking foods I normally default to off the table. It's made me embrace trying different things. I had a lot of luck doing this 10 years ago (lost 60 pounds) but over the decade the weight crept back on because I wasn't being mindful of what I was eating and stopped exercising.