Motivation Found..... Support NEEDED

Options
clandrum1984
clandrum1984 Posts: 94 Member
edited November 2014 in Motivation and Support
So I went to my family doctor yesterday and things did not turn out so good. So here it goes. She told me my good cholesterol level was too low, my bad cholesterol level was WAY too high and I am close to being diabetic. Diabetes, cancer, heart problems all run in my family.

I really listened to what she had to say yesterday and really started looking at the foods I was eating. I have three young children and want to be around for them as long as possible.

I have my motivation to keep me going but would love the support of some people on MFP. People who have been in my shoes and have had some amazing success stories.

I am 5'9, highest weight was 264.5, current weight is 254.5. I currently do not have a "goal weight" because as of right now I don't know what my ultimate goal would be. I want to start by getting under 200.

Thanks for the future support!

Replies

• clandrum1984
    edited November 2014
    Options
    :D
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    You are on the right track. You can do this!
  • clandrum1984
    Options
    Thanks. I have tried several times before. This time is different. This time the proof was on the paper, staring me right in the face. Either I had to become healthier or I will die.
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'll support you! Sending a friend add.
  • clandrum1984
    Options
    thank you Lalalindaloo!
  • deninevi
    Options
    ... and every day from now on!!! :)
  • clandrum1984
    Options
    Yes! This is a start for something brand new to me! HEALTH and fitness!
  • deninevi
    Options
    What do you do for workouts right now?
  • clandrum1984
    Options
    deninevi wrote: »
    What do you do for workouts right now?

Right now I am 4 months out from having a baby. I have an 8-hour a day work schedule with about an hour of drive time. With that schedule and three kids I am working more on being active during my work day. Taking two flights of stairs just to use the restroom. taking two flights of stairs just for a break. Taking my 1 hour lunch, 30 minutes to eat and 30 minutes of walking. Also, I am trying to ride a stationary bike for 15-30 minutes a day.

I am struggling with some foot and ankle problems though. Achilles tendonitis and plantar fasciitis (sp).
  • deninevi
    Options
    Great way to be active at work! You're doing great! My husband has PF-when he rests it's ok, if he works out, walks, it gets worse. Does the bike help with foot and ankle?
  • clandrum1984
    Options
    Yes it does. I will eventually be checked for spurs but need to build up sick leave before can plan for surgery if needed. My goal is to spend the next 6 months (time until next follow up with the doctor) eating better and exercising more so that if I do need to have foot and ankle surgery I will be a better candidate for it!
  • arkowalyshyn
    arkowalyshyn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like! At 5'3 my start weight was 202, current 178, first goal is 150. I also have 3 kids, but don't work outside the house (2 kids have autism and other is a babe, so lots of work!) Need someone to be a cheerleader , and I'll do the same !
  • clandrum1984
    Options
    @arkowalyshyn: I also have 3 kids (5, 3 and 4mo). Thanks for the support. I will try to provide the same for you!
  • clandrum1984
    Options
    I am breaking out of my comfort zone. My previous attempts at MFP were spent alone or with only not even a handful of people that I know personally. Well those attempts quickly failed! Thanks for those who have taken the time to read this and send a friends request or comment on the thread! I appreciate it!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Way to go getting motivated! It sounds like you have some good plans, and I wish you luck!
  • clandrum1984
    Options
    thanks @bookworm_847! have to start (again) somewhere!
  • sarvalfon
    sarvalfon Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend! Yeah...things can be hard to stick to after the initial push. It's important to surround yourself with the energy to keep you on task!

:smile:
  • clandrum1984
    Options
    sarvalfon wrote: »
    Feel free to friend! Yeah...things can be hard to stick to after the initial push. It's important to surround yourself with the energy to keep you on task!

:smile:

Sarvalfon: Great words. I will definitely add and look to others for support as well as start supporting myself! Thank you!