Am I doing something wrong?

Options
Tonight for dinner I ate 4 cups of broccoli (114 calories) and I feel just as full as I would eating something of 600 calories. Am I counting wrong or is this normal? Thanks

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right. Broccoli has a lot of fiber in it which can be contributing to the 'full' feeling.
  • runf0ryourlife
    Options
    Have you been eating significantly less than usual? If you don't eat as much, your stomach shrinks and you get fuller faster (THIS CAN BE DANGEROUS, so be careful).
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Broccoli is pretty low calorie wise. I don't think I could make a whole meal out of it though. :laugh:
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of broccoli. It's very filling and it's known to bloat and cause gas. Lots of fiber there!
  • lupuslady
    lupuslady Posts: 99
    Options
    the best way to stick with the program is to eat a variety of things. Like a tomato, broccoli, cabbage with vinegar, green beans
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    Have you been eating significantly less than usual? If you don't eat as much, your stomach shrinks and you get fuller faster (THIS CAN BE DANGEROUS, so be careful).

hmm.. maybe this is why i get really stuffed after eating just a little thing... I am having a very hard time with this calorie counting thing..
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options

hmm.. maybe this is why i get really stuffed after eating just a little thing... I am having a very hard time with this calorie counting thing..
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right. That's the beauty of vegetables. You can eat a few cups full, and you'll feel really full, and have only eaten a handful of calories. I would feel STUFFED if I ate 4 cups of broccoli. I usu. eat around a cupful at a time, and add a good protein to that. That still gives me the full feeling, more fat and calories (which you do need), and protein.