Motivation needed

Options
Hiya all. I'm going to Greece in April with university but I'm trying to lose weight for it but I have no or little motivation. I have PCOS as well so it's extra hard for me to lose weight. I've tried Slimming World but am tempted by Herbalife. Can anyone give me any tips or recipes I can try please? Or ways to help motivate myself. Thanks in advance :) x

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    You don't need any kind of program like that. There is a wealth of knowledge and information on this site. Do some searching. Losing weight is absolutely possible with PCOS, so don't let that derail you unnecessarily.

And, not to be too blunt, but in order to lose weight and commit to a healthy lifestyle you HAVE to want it. If you want the end result but don't want to put forth the effort, nothing anyone can say here will change that.
  • PurpleCherry00
    PurpleCherry00 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do want it, I'm just struggling to commit to anything. I get bored easily so just trying to find something that will keep me interested for more than a few weeks
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Well, then, I'd say find something that suits both your taste and your current lifestyle. I guess that's what I mean by "you don't need a program" because it's the commitment part that is stalling you. Just start by making a few tiny, easily doable changes everyday: whatever you normally eat, eat less of it; if you workout, change up your routine.

Sorry, without too many more details it's hard to make suggestions!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    With PCOS, a mediterranean/ Sonoma/ South Beach diet is best. Perhaps you could entertain yourself by reading up on the principals behind each.

The long and short of it is, fill up on lean meats and vegetables, with occasional fruits and whole grains. Remember to include healthy fats in reasonable quantities, like olive oil, avocados and nuts.
  • PurpleCherry00
    PurpleCherry00 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ok thank you, I'll take a look :)