Weighing yourself/binge trigger

Options
I have done really well counting calories for 9 days. I've given myself enough calories to not feel deprived, unlike the past, and realize that means slow losses. I have about 50 pounds to lose. I hadn't weighed myself since day 1 and did today and was down 1.6 pounds. I know that is a loss and it's great, and even faster than MFP anticipates with my calorie levels but it's still discouraging. It makes me just want to eat what I want. I've had binge eating problems in the past. I know that's not the right attitude so I am wondering if anyone else has went through their weightloss journey without weighing themselves, or at least very minimally?

Replies

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    1.6 pounds in 9 days is great! You need realistic goals if your going to be successful with losing 50 pounds. It doesn't happen overnight. Keep working hard and be patient.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    just stick with it. if you binge, log it and keep moving. this is life. just keep on keeping on. :)
  • beth0277
    beth0277 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My issue is that when I binge, I usually get off track for at least a week or so. It's hard for me to get back on track.
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I feel you. Hang in there, okay? I try not to weigh myself because I end up feeling like trash. Instead, I make the effort to think about how my clothes are fitting, how I'm feeling, and the differences I see when I look in the mirror. Stick to it, slow and steady wins the race =)
  • amykhughes
    amykhughes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I finally stopped weighing because I have the same problem. What's helping me (since I'm still all about the numbers and keeping track) is tracking my calorie deficit instead. Each day I jot down the previous day's deficit (or surplus) and log it and keep a running tab. I find it motivating and mentally much more satisfying. I have control over that number, unlike the number on the scale. The best part is that I don't need the scale. I know from past experience that if I'm in a deficit, I'm losing. It's a win, win for me.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Maybe only weigh every 4 to 6 weeks or so. I only say that cause as you lose your calorie needs do decrease so you do want to update it occasionally. Maybe the better you feel and look will decrease your likely hood of binging?
  • spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I agree!! 1.6lbs in 9 days if phenomenal!! The fact that you are not depriving yourself is excellent. The slower the rate at which you lose the weight, the more successful you will be at keeping it off. I have been logging for 6 months, and I haven't lost 1.6lbs...Keep going lady, it's better than a 1.6lb gain!! You are doing the right thing...Don't binge...It's not worth it. You will end up feeling awful. Trust me, I say that from experience. You will be happy for the time that you are eating, but you won't be happy when you step back on the scale!! Just get through today, tomorrow is a new day!!! You can do this lady bug!!! You CAN do this...