what time do you stop eating for the day?

Options
I usually stop around 7-8 lately around 8, I'll have a little snack around then so I won't want to eat later at night. It gets hard I've been on my diet from end of January and it doesn't get easier , I would love to lay on my couch and eat chips late at night lo.
My family say not eating at night helps a lot with weight loss

Replies

• froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have always heard that as well. I have an aunt who swears that not eating after 7 at night is what keeps her slim. I usually am done now by 7 sometimes way earlier but like you I don't want to be hungry while I am watching tv.
  • DeterminedMomNeb
    Options
    I stop b4 7 sometimes by6
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i try not to eat after 7 - I don't like feeling the least bit full when I go t bed, and I go early
  • beatricegreenough
    beatricegreenough Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't stop at a specific time. I have always eaten right up until bed if I have calories left. It is all about calories in, calories out. If you are in your range, you will still lose weight, it doesn't matter.
  • kate_newlifestyle
    Options
    I usually stop eating 2-3 hours before bed time.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    10, 11.....I don't go by the clock. I go by how many cals I have left, and what my body is telling me.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    If you have calories left for the day, it doesn't matter when you eat them.

Gaining weight because you eat before bed is a myth.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I usually have a snack at 9 or 10 at night right before I go to bed. It's never hindered my weight loss and it helps keep my blood sugar in check.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Always 3 hours before bed & I eat 5-6 times a day... :happy:
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have heard that eating late can affect weight loss too, but I think it's pretty much a fallacy. I workout late, so I dinner after. Hasn't really hindered me at all. I just try to eat when I'm hungry in general.
  • LowCarbAmanda
    LowCarbAmanda Posts: 129
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry, and don't when I'm not. Sometimes I eat close to bed time. It hasn't seemed to hinder me at all.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Eating before you go to bed does not make you gain anymore weight than if you had that snack 3 hours before bed...its all about cals in and cals out...your body is going to metabolize the food the same....I usually take a fat free Greek yogurt to bed with me and eat it when Im watching TV about 8-9...and some water!!!!
    Now as far as a high fat, high calorie meal...well do the math!!!
  • supersecretsquirrel1877
    Options
    I work 2nd shift and my day ends around 1am so I eat up until about 2-3 hours before bed. I don't sleep well if I eat close to bed, keep reading it is because the food makes my blood sugar go nutso and effects sleep?
  • heather0709
    heather0709 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Before I started my diet I would eat a lot at night cookies cakes all junk sometimes when my kids would cry in middle of a night I would go to eat food became an obsession to me so I yeh my best not to eat late.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I have heard that eating late can affect weight loss too, but I think it's pretty much a fallacy.

I think this comes from the fact that most people (who are not counting cals/watching what they eat) have already well consumed their calories for the day and anything they eat prior to bed, is just extra calories. Which of course over time, will cause weight gain.
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If I've been working out a lot I don't care if I eat late. . I mean I'd prefer not to, but I tend to get hungry hours after a workout and I want to feed my muscles I just tortured. If you're not eating junk full of carbs and sugars it might be ok. I'm sure it depends on your exercise too.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about cutting off eating at a certain time of day. Generally, I find it works better if I'm done eating before I fall asleep. Otherwise, it can get kind of messy. Plus, it's way easier to choke on your food if you're sleeping.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have my last snack (my treat) after my kids go to bed and everything is cleaned up and I am DONE! That is when I truly enjoy it...its stll pretty much low cal (sugar free fat free choc pudding wth whipped topping). I cant fully enjoy it if I know I still have to finish my "chores".
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about cutting off eating at a certain time of day. Generally, I find it works better if I'm done eating before I fall asleep. Otherwise, it can get kind of messy. Plus, it's way easier to choke on your food if you're sleeping.

made me laugh!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options

made me laugh!
    Thanks. I appreciate that!