Is lifting this amount of lbs good or average ?

Options
I'm 16 and can bicep curl 20lbs in one arm.Is this good or normal?

Replies

• Sweetvirgo63
    Sweetvirgo63 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If you can do it, then good for you; just make sure you'ren not overly straining your muscles so as to minimize your risk of injury. Every man and woman will use different weight resistance based on what they want to achieve. I don't go higher than 10 lbs. but that's my own personal choice and not because I can't use heavier weights.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Depends on a lot of things, but bicep curl isn't something you boast about.

Bench, Squat, Deadlift. Those are bench mark lifts. If you're bro'ing down and busting a 20# curl, but can't bench, who cares.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    There is no "normal" - if that's what you can do, and it's better than what you could do last month, then it's great.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    There is no "normal" - if that's what you can do, and it's better than what you could do last month, then it's great.

Totally agree.

Doesn't matter where you start, just get started. Just make sure you are challenging yourself and adding more weight when you are able. 5lbs at a time might not seem like much but over a long period of time that adds up.
  • DuckmanDuke
    DuckmanDuke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Focus on what you want to achieve and work towards it. Dont get lost in numbers but focus on technique and the outcome. I very much agree with what martinell said.
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    Who cares what others do. Bust your *kitten* and do the big 3 lifts and keep it rolling. Make your goals for you and hit them! That's all that matters!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Wow that was fast, already deactivated.