Inconsistent Goal Settings

Hello,

I love myfitnesspal but I am having some confusion with the settings in my "Goals" section.

I am currently 84.6 kg and my goal is 82 kg. I have listed my activity level as "Lightly Active" and that my weight loss goal is "0.75 kg a week".

When I enter these details my "net kilojoule consumed" per day calculates to be 8792kj per day. However, when I change the weight loss goal to "0.5 kg a week", which is less weight loss per week, the "net kj consumed" per day calculates to 6650. My activity level is the same.

Do you know why it is saying I can consume more kj a day when I want to lose 0.25 kg more per week? Sorry, I hope that makes sense!

Thank you for any help you may provide.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    you sure you're in Kg and not lbs?

that's odd

to lose less weight per week you should get more calories (Kj) to eat
  • Hi and thanks for responding. Yes I'm definitely using kg. Oh well, LOL
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Looks like a bug in the software, but without being able to look at the software, I don't think anyone here can answer your question.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Certainly seems to defy a mathetmatics and logic. I'll tinker a bit and see if I get the same results.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    I couldn't get the same results must be something to do with your specific parameters but the algorithm should be consistent so I'm not sure what's going on in your case.
  • I've been messing with my goal lately too and there's defiantly a bug in the software. I used a external site and then manually entered my calorie goal x
  • Hi Antler. What is the external site you are using?
  • Hi Antler. What is the external site you are using?