My first stranger (non-friend) NSV

Options
Earlier this week, I was on here asking for motivation and support so that I would stop sabbotaging myself. That same day, I went to my usual Thursday-night spin class.

I had missed the last few Thursday spin classes because of various events (out of town, sick, husband had class), so I was really excited to go this week. We had an awesome sub, and I got a really great workout. Before class started, one of the regulars asked if I had lost weight and told me how great I looked. After class, TWO different people told me that it was noticable that I had lost weight and that I looked "fantastic."

Turns out, that was all the motivation I needed. I got back on the MFP wagon and stopped eating so much crap. I ran a total of 9 miles and went to three 1-hour spin classes this week. I feel amazing and I am down another lb and a total of 11 inches (full body measurements). I only have 3 more lbs to reach my second mini-goal.

The NSVs feel so much more rewarding than constantly keeping an eye on that stupid, fluctuating piece of equipment!

Replies

• perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. You can do this, and it will be sustainable!
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Compliments are great motivators and it looks like you are on the right track. My husband told me that he can see a nice muscle definition in my arms from doing kickboxing...I loved it, and it made me want to workout harder, so I "keep getting those compliments"!!! Is it selfish??? I don't care because it pushes me to the next step and through my limits!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    :blushing: What is NSV?
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I can't stand it I seem to not really be moving in inches a lot... I mean a little.. but the weight is dropping!! That is confusing to me... congrats on your success and that it is noticeable!! Great job!!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    non scale victory
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Keep up the great work, it sounds like it's paying off for ya!!
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    non scale victory
    Ahhh...thank you! I kept trying to figure it out and it was driving me insane.

Great work, btw. Keep it up!
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    non scale victory

Love that!
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    Great job! It's always nice to hear it from someone that doesn't know you...I'm sure you get tired of your friends telling you all the time how fan-freaking-tastic you look! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!