Options
uj0pp9unk33s.jpg

Some motivation for everyone!

ESS.jpg 31.1K

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    awesome! did this totally make you go do planks today?
  • theDollyB
    Options
    Oh yeah. First time, and I only lasted 35 seconds. I'm aiming for at least a minute today. We'll see!
  • yoovie
    Options
    first time i did one i was only able to do about 22 seconds or so. It took me about 6 weeks to work up to 5 minutes. talk about a non-scale victory!
  • theDollyB
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    first time i did one i was only able to do about 22 seconds or so. It took me about 6 weeks to work up to 5 minutes. talk about a non-scale victory!

I can't imagine doing one that long but I'll try to work up to it!
  • yoovie
    Options
    your body's natural ability to progress, without or without the support of your brain, will surprise you in the best ways :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    This is very true and I wish people would take note of it, then they wouldnt be so apprehensive about exercise. You arent in competition with anyone else except yourself. 5 minutes more or 5lb more, just start where you are comfy and work on beating it.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I think my first plank was about 9 seconds, lol.

I LOVE THAT PIC!!!

I constantly see tons of (mostly very stupid) pics here, animated and not animated. There have been maybe two or three I liked, this is at the top of the list!

Thanks for sharing. :)
  • svelte32
    svelte32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    planks are difficult because have to make sure your body is aligned right and also to get out of your head while in discomfort and at 40 seconds or so I'm going down. I think I would be impressed with myself just at a minute.
  • szesze20
    szesze20 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I LOVE planks! very effective and relatively easy to take in as a habit for beginners or really any level. I don't mean it's easy to do planks but they are doable at home, or even in office while taking conference calls :smiley: Start with 30 seconds each time, then work your way up to 45 secs, then 1 minute each time. If full planks are difficult at the beginning, try half planks.
  • SassenachJones
    SassenachJones Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oof. I started doing side planks to re-stabilize my midsection after two babies. 10 second bursts is all I can hanle.