An 'Ah-Ha' Moment ~ NSV

Options
Okay, I don't know if this really counts as an NSV, but it certainly feels like it to me because it helped me readjust my goals and expectations, so here 'goes:

I was looking online for bathing suits this morning, clicking through model after model with tiny measurements and no bulges anywhere, and thinking, "Ugh, some day when I am leaner/thinner/prettier/fitter, I am going to be able to wear some of this stuff and look like them." For as long as I can remember, I've wanted a 6-pack. I think of it as the ultimate sign of fitness. So I daydream about how many crunches/bicycles/kettlebells I have to do in order to get my (un)attainable "sign." Click, click, click... and up pops a woman in a bikini with (ta-dah!) a six-pack! And she looks terrible to me!!! All of a sudden, I no longer want a six-pack! I NO LONGER WANT A SIX-PACK. Me. The goal I've set for myself for the last 15 years. Don't want it. WOAH!!!

Now, that's not to say that I don't think a six-pack can be sexy on a woman~ I just don't want that for myself anymore, and if feels SO liberating!! It's liberating to think I don't have to have one in order to be sexy. I just *might* be sexy some day!! Total NSV. :bigsmile:

Replies

• tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    yay! It's all about getting fit and healthy. My friend in college had a 6 pack, she spent 35 min a day just on ab work....was it worth it, not when she realized her clothes fit worse
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is very sexy on some women. I wouldn't want one for myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!