Am starting (beginner) 30 day shred, anyone want to join me?

Options
2»

Replies

• lindastravelling
    lindastravelling Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Level 1 session 4 done! I used 3lb weights today rather than 2lb and found it harder! but was able to do most of it, but put them down for 1 squat section!
  • Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am in as well. I am on day 5 level 1, do it every other day, but use 2lb weights. Find it a bit too easy with those, so might move to 3
  • lindastravelling
    Options
    Great :) I am doing day 5 tonight! My arms still don't ache today so obviously not overdoing it with the weights but I could definitely feel the difference during...
  • lindastravelling
    Options
    day 5 done so I am half way through level 1! I have 5 more sessions to improve, need to work on modified push ups, there is one exercise I am not doing the harder version of yet and one set of squats I am doing without weights, hoping I am able to do all of this by day 10! Sooo glad I started with the beginner shred though as I think the normal shred would have been too hard to me, I wouldn't have been able to do a lot of it and probably would have felt demotivated, with the beginner one I am still working hard but it is doable, and I am looking forward to completing the beginner shred then moving onto the normal shred! :)
  • LeelooX2014
    LeelooX2014 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Day five level 2. I'm a little ahead of you guys but you'll probably pass me as I'm alternating with cardio days.
  • Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I might have to restart my beginner shred. I have been too inconsistent with it. Going from level 1 to level 2 and back.
  • claire_elisa
    claire_elisa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I started the 30DS (level 1) last week but haven't touched it since. I have a couple of questions, how often do you guys do the workout? Do you rest between days, or alternate with different types of exercise? Also, what kind of weights do you use? I saw some earlier posters said 2lb or 3lb. What would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
  • claire_elisa
    claire_elisa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    And a last question :) how do you log it on MFP?
  • kingswaychi
    kingswaychi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Can I join in please started day 1 today
  • vbalchick_09
    vbalchick_09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    And a last question :) how do you log it on MFP?

Last time i did i logged it under circuit training-general.
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I started the 30DS (level 1) last week but haven't touched it since. I have a couple of questions, how often do you guys do the workout? Do you rest between days, or alternate with different types of exercise? Also, what kind of weights do you use? I saw some earlier posters said 2lb or 3lb. What would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I workout 5 days straight and then take the weekends off so this means I take two weeks to do each level. I use 3lb weights which is difficult enough for me as I have not done any strength training before. And I log it as circuit training.

Today will be day 5 of Level 3! So close to having completed the whole shred and so proud of myself for sticking to it. Getting great results!

• lindastravelling
    Options
    Glad a few more of you up for this! :) I have been away all weekend but going to do level 1 day 6 tonight, looking forward to getting back on it! I was using 2lb weights but found them too easy, now using 3lb, find it a little hard on some reps now but am sure I will grow stronger! As for how to log on my fitness pal, I do as circuit training but amend the calories...
    I read that 30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out
    That is what I am using although the beginner shred is not as intense as the normal shred, so I reduce a little more too...
  • lindastravelling
    Options
    Level 1 day 6 done! Still feel like I am working hard! Did the advanced move on two more exercises today and the one set of weights I struggled with, I tried to do some at least! I am going away in a week with work so want to finish level 1 by then...
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 level 1. I do take rest days in between. I would say i rest every 4 days or so. I use 5 and 3 pound weights. It depends on the exercise
  • Chandler330
    Chandler330 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Has anybody completed the Beginner Shred and moved onto the 30 Day Shred? I'm wondering what the transition will be like
  • lindastravelling
    Options
    thats my plan but haven't got there yet, just been ill and away for 2 weeks so have some catching up to do!