Blenders

Options
What do you guys have? My dad has a Ninja, he likes is but I find it doesn't create as smooth a texture I would like for such an expensive blender. Has anyone tried the new Ninja that is supposed to replace a juicer? What about a Vitamix? What are the chances anyone has used both? Lol, that would be useful. I had a cheap Oster that I threw in the trash one day out of frustration. Never again.

Replies

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I have a Cuisinart that is able to do ice. I found it does my spinach smoothies just fine.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix and love it!
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have a vitamix--love it
  • DvrDawg
    DvrDawg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    NutriBullet -portable and powerful
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    http://www.mamapedia.com/article/green-smoothie-success-without-vitamix-or-blend-tec-blenders

I'd love to have a Vitamix but I'm getting by with a cheap blender to see if I continue to make smoothies a more permanent thing. If you want to soups, ice cream or want to make your own nut based spreads, you need a high powered blender
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I lucked into a Vitamix and have had it about a month and I just love it.
  • hiswaywardgirl
    Options
    I have one of those cheaper "refurbished" Vitamixes. It's awesome! I like how it can heat up soup and blend practically anything, but I usually just use it for smoothies.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    What do you guys have? My dad has a Ninja, he likes is but I find it doesn't create as smooth a texture I would like for such an expensive blender. Has anyone tried the new Ninja that is supposed to replace a juicer? What about a Vitamix? What are the chances anyone has used both? Lol, that would be useful. I had a cheap Oster that I threw in the trash one day out of frustration. Never again.

I've used both. I only had the Ninja for five months.

I originally purchased the Ninja to make my hummus and smoothies. It did okay on the hummus. However, it left bits of kale in my smoothies. I hated having to chew my smoothies, belch!

I saved my money for a Vitamix and as soon as it came in I packed up the Ninja and returned it to Macys.

I love my Vitamix. I use it for soups, sauces, smoothies, hummus and nut butters. I am glad I saved and made the purchase.

Edit: I had an Oster for many years. I loved it until I started making other things besides margaritas and daiquiris.
  • tehzilla
    Options
    I have a Ninja blender right now - the one styled after Magic Bullet. It does the job okay, but can't really create the right smooth texture for a kale smoothie. It does blend up ice really nicely, though.

I've used a Vitamix before, and if money isn't an issue, definitely get that one! My friend had one and could make the tastiest kale smoothies ever with the smoothest texture.
  • squirrelone
    squirrelone Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Have a Kichenaid but thinking about getting a Blendtec instead.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix (best blender I've ever owned, but had to save up for it) and a NutriBullet and love them both.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix, but I use my Magic Bullet for my single serve smoothies in the morning.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    If I had the money I'd get a Vitamix (they're about twice as much in the UK - over £500 and no refurbed ones around :noway: )
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I have a Blendtec but kind of wish I had a Vitamix.

There are video reviews of Ninjas vs. Vitamix and Blendtec. I haven't seen the Ninjas handle greens as well but I haven't looked at the reviews in a while so the new one might do better.

All those blades in the Ninjas freak me out. The high-powered blender blades aren't even sharp.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I've had a Vitamix for about 10 years now and I LOVE IT!!!!! It is worth every penny!
  • SlimmerSteph
    SlimmerSteph Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I have the Vitamix Professional Series 750. Spendy, but SO worth it! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!
  • dtcjem
    dtcjem Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have both the Ninja and vitamix. Nothing compares to Vitamix IMHO. I love it and use it just about everyday! They aren't cheap, but it is a workhorse.
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I think I'll look into the Vitamix, and maybe make puppy faces at Santa this year, lol!
  • Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Osterizer
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Classic Waring bar blender that I received as a wedding gift 20 years ago. That thing is bombproof!