I am loosing motivation

Options
I haven't lost weight in about 3 wks. I been working out so hard and my eating habits have changed (for the better) and NOTHING!
Not to mention I had a super stressful day at work, and I gave in and ate a sugar cookie.
*sigh*

I feel so hopeless.

Replies

• gardea
    gardea Posts: 75
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories and are you keeping your sodium in check? These are the two things that slow down my weight loss.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    remember WHY you want to be healthy and recall this every time you are tempted to eat something "bad." Everything in moderation and make small, manageable changes.

You can do this!!!
  • nereyda08
    nereyda08 Posts: 39
    Options
    I didn't even look at my sodium until today. But I will start paying attention to that for sure.
  • gardea
    gardea Posts: 75
    Options
    I will add that I lost 15 lbs in the beginning of the year and not a pound more until this month. I wasn't eating nearly enough. I've lost 4 lbs in April since joining.
  • nereyda08
    Options
    Thank you for your words of encouragement
  • nereyda08
    Options
    I think I eat enough. I eat mostly all my calories everyday.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    Don't give up!
    You can do it.
    Make sure you are eating enough to keep you going, especially if you are exercising, then you will need to eat even more.
    I am sending you a friend request.
    We can motivate each other!
  • nereyda08
    Options
    Thank you!
  • janecl
    janecl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I had heard from a trainer if you've been good for a long time and hit a plateau, you need to change things up. She explained change the kind of exercise you're doing and maybe the days. Also, she said just once, go and eat something you normally wouldn't that you've missed. Her example was a cheeseburger but she stressed only once. That will fool your metabolism and kick it back in gear to burn the calories. This is just what I was told as a suggestion. You could try one or both to see if it would help you. Don't give up! You can get it going again! Good luck!
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I agree with the changing it up suggestion. Im less motivated too, but remember tomorrow is a new month! And no worries about the cookie..you need a little treat/reward every once in awhile. Sending you a request. = )
  • jilliankasha
    jilliankasha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dont feel bad../you may be gaining muscles !! They weigh more than Fat !! keep doing the right thing !! Dont give up on your goals !
  • Jaaynine
    Jaaynine Posts: 3
    Options
    My cardiology doctor told me that stress might hinder weight loss, he told me I had to find something that would help me with the stress level I have at work or to just find a new job to get away from the stress. I found a way to deal better with the stress I was under and after I did that I started to drop weight. Might look at that along with your salt intake.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I will always believe the exercise we do today pays off in two weeks.

Additionally, when we work out our bodies retain water to heal the muscles. So when the muscles heal the water will be released.

Yes sodium can be an issue. I dropped over 6 lbs. in 3 days because I started watching my sodium.

Hang in there! I've gone a couple of weeks several times with small to no weight loss. It is never a smooth journey.

One thing is for sure, to give up means gaining weight. What would you have gained if you had given up?
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I just want to give you a hug! You are young, full time work, and a college student! All things to be proud of! You want your husband to love you and your beautiful child to look up to you ---i assure you they already do!!

so relax and breathe for just a moment ......

now try not to be discouraged....I am in your boat....in that we only have a few pounds to lose. It is probably more about shaping up - muscle toning and strengthening.

You can do this and my heart goes out to you! just believe it will happen....go hug that baby and go love that husband right now!

Stop your worrying....do what you know you have to with diet and exercise....focus and balance - it IS gonna happen for you!

:heart:
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100 lbs and platued a few time for about a month at a time. Try taking measurements because everytime my weight platued I found i went down sizes and lost inches. Maybe that is happening to you. Just thought it might be helpful.
  • nereyda08
    Options
    Thank you soo sooo much for your amazingly kind words!
    These are the nicest words I've heard any one tell me in years.
  • amriccardi
    amriccardi Posts: 2
    Options
    I was losing 2lbs a week until 3 weeks ago I stayed flat and then gained 5lbs. I looked at my diet again and even though I was staying under my caloric intake I was over in other areas. I cut soda from my diet and I've lost 10 lbs! You may need to make one small change to get right back on track and Don't forget about the hard work you've done!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    You should start tracking your sugar on your diary and make sure it stays under. See if that makes a difference.