What time do you weigh yourself?

Options
Hey guys! The other day, throughout the day, I weighed myself several times. I noticed my weight goes up and down dramatically (about +/- 5 pounds) throughout the day. So I was wondering, when do you guys weigh yourselves when you check in? I know it should be consistent, but is there an ideal time to check so that you aren't fooling yourself (i.e. weighing yourself in the morning when you haven't eaten anything yet)?

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Everyone says to weigh yourself in the morning. Do you know I weigh up to 5lbs heavier in the morning when I wake up than I do late at night?

I'm a second shifter. I work second shift. I go to the gym later in the day. I tend to eat most of my calories after 7pm. So, my body is used to me eating late, being up late, sleeping late, etc.

That being said, I have always weighed myself late at night (I didn't used to have a scale at home, so I had to use the one at the gym and I was there at night after work -- so, it was always midnight or later).

Since that is how I started weighing myself, that is how I continue. Though I did jump on the scale that morning just to see if it was lower when I woke up.
  • mandycox1301
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning around 9 ish and with out food just a cup of coffee! I get to nervous to eat sometimes. But it doesnt matter too much as long as its the same time every week!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I always weight in first thing in the morning after I've tried going to the restroom right before I get in the shower...so...no poo, no extra water weight, and no clothes...that's when I always get my lowest reading. :)
  • Safftastic
    Safftastic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh okay. Thanks for the input!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    In the morning! (after I pee and remove all my clothing...haha)
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself in the morning as soon as I get up and go to the bathroom. That is the best time for me. It also helps if you use the same scale. For some reason scales will vary. The scale at my house shows about half to a pound difference from the one at my office. It is the same brand scale just a different model.
  • Safftastic
    Options
    Is it better to weigh yourself without clothing? I suppose the weight of your clothes can vary, but does it make a difference? Or is it just to be precise?
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Is it better to weigh yourself without clothing? I suppose the weight of your clothes can vary, but does it make a difference? Or is it just to be precise?

Doesn't matter, just do it the same way every time! :smile:
  • Safftastic
    Options
    Ah, okay. Thank you!
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    When I first wake up on Tuesdays. I try to keep it at the same time every weight in so at least it is consistent with day and time.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i weigh first thing in the morning after i get up and after ive peed, but before ive eaten or drank anything.
    Its the most accurate weigh to get as close as possible to your actual body mass weight without extra food etc in it