Just joined today !

Options
Hello , I am a grandmother who has just lost 20 lbs on my own. I need to lose 20 more lbs. and I thought this tool would help me to tract a healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hey! Congrats on your success so far. Happy to help if you want accountability partners. Feel free to add me. ankdworak
  • theskipper54
    theskipper54 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • vasudhanayar
    Options
    Hi I just joined today. I an 39 years old and need to loose at least 60 pounds. I have also joined a gym and will try to work out at least 5 days a week, I also hav a little knee injury...need advise on what kind of cardio will help me.

I am very fond of food and taking some out of my diet will be a challenge. Any help, anyone who was successful or is working towards this goal, please let me know i would like to add you in my group.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Welcome the add. :)
  • rkerbrat
    rkerbrat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    vasudhanayar - when my knees are hurting I use the rowing machine - it puts no pressure on your knees and is a great workout - burns calories and builds muscle in your arms.

I have been using myfitnesspal since March along with a fitbit and it's really helping me to be mindful of what I eat and get enough exercise. I've lost 35 lbs so far and have another 10-15 to go.

Welcome & good luck.
  • vasudhanayar
    Options
    thanks for the response everyone. Very encouraging. I will keep you posted of my progress as well.. congratulations on your loss- rkerbrat.
  • KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Feel free to add me as well.
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Try to cut out as much breads as you can (thats whats killed me in the past) drink lots of water (to make you feel funn) Now here is a Secret do not deny yourself stuff, LIMIT YOURSELF that is why most diets fail people want a candy bar deny them self one, finally they give in and have 20 of them. If you want chocolate have a piece or a candy bar but make it last all day. LOG IT IN and count it. The same go with everything else your weight loss will be slower but more consistant and you'll be a way happier person. keep some almonds around if you get hungery have 2 or 3 of them it will curb your hunger. Walking is a great excersise but do other things too (tell me what your doing now)