Food for working double shifts

Options
I often work double shifts at a place that rhymes with Starducks, and it usually leads to me eating 500 calories more than my daily allowance.

What are some good high protein foods I can take with me and eat real quick? No meats please :)

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Nuts, cheese sticks, cut up broccoli, cottage cheese, yogurt, protein bars, tofu, edamame, soy milk smoothie that you make at home and carry in a container.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and protein shakes.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    protein bars
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Leftover dinner from the night before.. portioned out to the calories you are aiming for. Stir frys are good for reheating. Can of soup you can heat up. I used to have a large bowl where I kept my personal things.. can opener and a few different soup options. High sodium though so don't make it an everyday meal. Sandwich.. premade at home.. though I don't know what you'd put on it without meat. :neutral_face: I do like the occasional tomato toast though.. 3/4 tblsp of olive oil mayo on your toast (I have 55 calories slices).. a few slices of tomato topped with salt and pepper are quite divine. Looking at about 180 calories for 2 toast made up.. could have a cup of soup on the side.