In For the Long Haul and Need Some Accountability

Options
So, um, hi :)

I've struggled with my weight for a long time. It actually started when I was young, 8 or 9, I developed a very unhealthy relationship with food and my body. My mom was caught up in constant yo-yo dieting and negative body image, and I got drug into it a lot...every time she'd start up a new diet or decide to start exercising...and the whole thing left me feeling a lot of animosity toward the whole "healthy lifestyle" thing. Also my mom was constantly harping on me about my weight all through middle/high school....and I look back now at pictures and think "Wtf, I didn't look bad at all...." I would kill to have the body I had back in HS, but I digress.

Anyway, NOW the problem is so big (ha, ha) that it can't be ignored. I'm 350 pounds, heaviest I've ever been in my life, and I don't want to feel like this anymore. More importantly, I'm 28, got married earlier this year, and REALLY want to start looking at making a family of our own within the next couple years....but I want to be healthy first.

So here I am.

I've been on MFP for a while, but I always have the bad habit of logging for a few weeks, then thinking, "Pfft, this is easy, I don't need to log every single thing..." and then slacking off, and next thing I know I'm gaining weight. So now that I've identified that as a problem, I am determined to stop falling into that trap.

I'm going to try to blog about my journey using the MFP blog. It would be SO GREAT if maybe some of you could pop in and follow me there? I've found that if I have an "audience" it's a lot easier to stay motivated...and it's been a long-time dream of mine to be a healthy food/lifestyle blogger, so I thought maybe if I started here it'd give me the confidence to swap over to a "real" blog later :)

Anyway, enough rambling from me. I've got to get back to work. But please feel free to add me, and let's rock this thing!

Replies

• DevotedOne9
    DevotedOne9 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just joined this "Biggest Loser Challenge," and the groups are going to be formed tonight. Maybe you can search it. I think it'll be a great motivator not to stop after a few weeks. It may be something fun to blog about, too! In the meantime, feel free to add me.
  • monica_reinert
    monica_reinert Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have an open diary and I have been trying to log daily.
  • jcbailey89
    jcbailey89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We pretty much have the same story. Adding you! Hopefully we can motivate each other. :)
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Sent you a message and a FR! I also have a similar story. It can be done! You can do it!
  • fenshae
    fenshae Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Added everyone back :) Feeling motivated already.
  • adlaura
    Options
    I have a similar story with my family as well, and didn't recognize my resentment until earlier this year! Going to add you :smile: