Hello :)

Options
hello there
My name is Holly, I am 26 years old, I have been married for 7 months with no children and I live in England. I joined my fitness pal a few days ago and I seem to be getting on quite well. I really want to be able to keep track of what I eat and realise where I am going wrong. I don't think I eat that much but I don't seem to be able to even keep my weight stable, let alone loose any, even though I cycle every week day to the station and at least once on the weekend around one of the royal parks in London.

There are a couple of things that I do need advice on, however. Firstly, how often does everybody weigh in? Is it everyday or just weekly? Also I am trying to experiment a little with my food as I usually only cook the same few meals over and over again. I have used the recipe function a couple of times and have noticed that other people have logged home made recipes on the list of foods which sound really good. Is there anyway I can take a look at those recipes as I really need some ideas!

Look forward to meeting you all!

Replies

• sherany72
    sherany72 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello Holly you and I have alot in common. Fitness pal was a right choice things should fall into place soon. Weigh in weekly it helps to stay determined. Why not join a gym or a sport where there are people stories and great new experiences everyday? As far as recipes are involved Id go for allrecipes.com.
  • jeffy84
    jeffy84 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi Holly,
    Sounds like the exercise you do is maintaining the level you're at.
    Sherany72 is right, you may have to try an additional sport, mix your body up a bit.
    There's a recipes section on here too, might be worth checking out
    :) Good luck and have fun!
  • FioGee
    FioGee Posts: 4
    Options
    hello! i am new too! i'm from nottinghamshire :D
  • mariumosman
    mariumosman Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi Holly. I too am relatively new and live in London. This site is really good and everyone really supportive and motivating. I suggest upping your exercise, walking, join a gym (if u can) and/or do some group exercise.
    Good luck with it all. Add me if you like. :smile:
  • hehoward
    hehoward Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you very much for your help. It will take me a while to go through all those recipes but what I have looked at so far looks yummy! I have been looking at other threads I can see a little where I have been going wrong. All I have to do now is put it into practice!