What vitamin pack do you recommend?

Options
I guess I'm looking for a general vitamin pack for my body and to help with muscle growth. I used to take the "Ultra Man" vitamin packs from Vitamin World and I did experience a very noticeable change in my "sexual health"... but I'm curious to see what else is out there.

Do you guys have any recommendations? Personal experiences? Have you heard good things about something that you haven't personally taken?

Replies

• Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've been using Adam Mens this time round, only downside is three tablets a day but it is one of the cheaper body building recommended vitamins.

If rather take animal pak but it's too expensive for everyday use for me and it turns your wee bright yellow!
  • Agglaki
    Agglaki Posts: 105
    Options
    Vitamins for muscle growth...hmmmm

Let's see if I got the right end of the stick here.

You want a tablet, which you take several times a day that will promote MUSCLE GROWTH. Just so I'm clear, a tablet / capsule that will cause the biceps, triceps, pecs, quads, hamstrings, calves etc etc to grow, to get bigger, stronger and faster?!?

I don't mean to sound rude, but surely you can see why I am confused by this question.

Muscle growth is not a short term nor is it easy to achieve. If it was everyone would be standing alongside the likes of Ronnie Coleman and Arnie on the Mr Olympia stage...ok maybe bad examples as both have used other "means" to grow.

But the premise of my point still stands, if you are going to rely on a tablet or vitamin to help grow you might as well start throwing your money out the window.

Now that I have that out of my system, I'll try to be helpful with my advice :)

There are many different vitamins that people use for body building and there are many different supplements that the supplement companies want you to buy and so market them in certain ways.

Fact is if they are trying to sell you "6inch bicep growth in 6 weeks" you're either doing something illegal or you're wasting money. At the end of the day, in the most basic breakdown of body growth you need protein to grow your muscles, and you need a lot of protein. No vitamin will give you as much protein as a breast of chicken.

In my opinion (and I'm no expert in the subject), a supplement for healthy joints, glucosamine, some good fatty acids e.g. fish oil or flax seed, vitamin C for a healthy immune system, some vitamin D and vitamin B to help with skin, eyes, hair and cell functions e.g. metabolism, growth etc...

To that some people add zinc tablets.

If you still insist on buying tablets though, do the research on the ingredients and what they are used for.

Oh and while on the subject of vitamins. Many people also use branch chain amino acids which are used to help muscle growth...many supplement companies make these. Do they work, I'm not sure, I guess they should as they are what make up proteins to an extent, but if your diet and workout, are wrong. They probably wont be a miracle drug on their own.

So in summation, have a good diet, good workout plan, sure take supplements to aid in your goals, but be realistic in what effect they will have.

Sorry for the rant, bit too early in the day for me. But I hope some useful information can be gathered from the post :)
  • jeffy84
    jeffy84 Posts: 21
    Options
    Add magnesium too if you're prone to muscle cramps........
  • MDCT
    MDCT Posts: 28
    Options
    You want a tablet, which you take several times a day that will promote MUSCLE GROWTH. Just so I'm clear, a tablet / capsule that will cause the biceps, triceps, pecs, quads, hamstrings, calves etc etc to grow, to get bigger, stronger and faster?!?

I didn't ask for a "tablet / capsule" that would cause my muscles to "get bigger, stronger and faster".
  • Agglaki
    Options

I didn't ask for a "tablet / capsule" that would cause my muscles to "get bigger, stronger and faster".

No you asked for a "vitamin pack for my body and to help with muscle growth"....and muscle growth usually means getting bigger, stronger and faster.

---EDIT---

But regardless, my previous post still stands. No tablet will do that. And as the previous poster (I forgot the name - jeffy84) mentioned magnesium is a good stack to add.
  • MDCT
    MDCT Posts: 28
    Options

No you asked for a "vitamin pack for my body and to help with muscle growth"....and muscle growth usually means getting bigger, stronger and faster.

---EDIT---

But regardless, my previous post still stands. No tablet will do that. And as the previous poster (I forgot the name - jeffy84) mentioned magnesium is a good stack to add.

There's a reason these things are called "supplements".
  • Agglaki
    Options
    Indeed they're called supplements for a reason. But your initial proposition was for a vitamin pack to help muscle growth. My initial post was just outlining the fact that no vitamin that I'm aware of will help muscle growth the the extent that you needn't worry about everything else in your workout routine and eating habits to achieve your goal.

Furthermore, the supplementation of a diet with vitamins will unlikely lead to any drastic change based solely on the vitamin inclusion.

However, to bringing things back on track and answer your initial post:

"I guess I'm looking for a general vitamin pack for my body and to help with muscle growth."

Nothing over the counter will make the muscle grow without good diet, proper workout routines, and even then the actual effect of the vitamin inclusion in the diet will likely be negligible.

"Do you guys have any recommendations?"

A supplement for healthy joints, glucosamine (to add to my previous statement some people opt for glucosamine/chronditin tablets. The amount of glucosomaine and chronditin in these tablets is unlikely to be of any noticeable effect. Most likely more a placebo affect)

Some good fatty acids e.g. fish oil or flax seed

Vitamin C for a healthy immune system

Some vitamin D and vitamin B to help with skin, eyes, hair and cell functions e.g. metabolism, growth etc...

To that some people add zinc tablets.

And as Jeffy84 mentioned, magnesium tablets.

"Personal experiences?"

I use Vitamin B, C, D supplements and fish oils...do they have any effect? Cant really say, my lifestyle is such that I would be willing to bet that even if I didn't take these tablets I would still be in good health.

"Have you heard good things about something that you haven't personally taken?"

Sure, locker room talk is full of supplement praise, and moreover the marketing from the big supplement manufacturers is such that their products are miracle drugs:

"Animal cuts, because cardio sucks!"

Personally I wouldn't touch any of the stuff without doing my research on the topic first, finding out what the theory behind the inclusion of the supplement in a diet will do, and also looking for research into problems. Furthermore, everyone is different, so just because things worked for one person will not mean it will work for you.