Body fat % calculator

penne356
penne356 Posts: 95
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
Can someone please check the accuracy of the calculator below who already knows their accurate % of body fat?

The site is: http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

Scroll down until you see an image of female. The tape measure method is what I tried so please use that. It's the last one.

Thank you!

Replies

• RadicalCharlie
    RadicalCharlie Posts: 123 Member
    I think the calipers are more accurate, but I'm not sure about the pamphlet guide that comes with it. After my doctor did my body fat percentage calculation on his own formula and I did mine for theirs, there was about a 3.7% difference.

Not a big difference, but still ;p
  • tiffanyjade09
    tiffanyjade09 Posts: 70 Member
    Are there any other ways to measure body fat?
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 447 Member
    My bathroom scales measure body fat percentage (also muscle, water etc) and they weren't really expensive.
  • micarla1
    micarla1 Posts: 41 Member
    Whats the healthy range for body fat % I measure my'n using my scales - not sure if this is the right way?? My'n is 26% - is this good or bad!
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    This was way off of mine, I just was measured when you are measured under water and in a BodPod these are said to be the best way to measure body fat and I measured at 28.04% and this gave me 38%.

As for the others who have asked they gave me a chart today and these are the ranges FOR WOMEN!
    Obese:32% and up
    Average: 25% to 31%
    Fitness: 21% to 24%
    Athletic: 14% to 20%
    Essential Fats: 10% to 13%
    anything under 10% is considered unhealthy.
  • micarla1
    micarla1 Posts: 41 Member
    Thank you for this - not too sure if i would like to be measured underwater mind! lol!
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Sorry I mixed up words there. But the Water one was quite interesting! You have to blow all the air out of your lungs as you can before going under, thankfully its not for too long. The BodPod you just sit in and they change the pressure in it, you are also measured and weighed. At least here they only have them at universities and I was lucky to have a friend needed an example and asked me if I would do it. Its nice to know for certain or really close to it what my fat weighs and what my muscle does.

They also did the caliber tests and one with a scale that measures it and they were only 2-5% off of the BodPod and water test, which isn't to bad. Alot better than 10 with the calculator!
This discussion has been closed.