Extreme Fat Loss Techniques..Great article to read! =0)

Options
2»

Replies

• jcb2kds
    jcb2kds Posts: 40
    Options
    bump
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • tsomo
    tsomo Posts: 44
    Options
    thanks for sharing.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Bump - a definite must read for later. Thanks for posting this :drinker:
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Very interesting- thanks for posting! Think I will do intervals this afternoon instead of steady state cardio
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    very informative - thank you for sharing!!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Good information, thank you for sharing!
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bump please:smooched:
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Great post. Thank you so much for all the information. A couple I started as experiment for myself and now I know for sure they work and will continue with them. Again Thank you.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. I'm a huge Tom Venuto fan too
  • mrstessbowen
    Options
    Thanks for the information
  • mrstessbowen
    Options
    interesting read! thanks for sharing.

With 50+ pounds to lose, I definitely quality as overweight. For the last 5 weeks I've worked out 6X a week, for at least an hour at time. Mostly bike riding, with an average HR around 156-161. I also try and go for a vigorous walk with the dogs about 2 times a week--3miles or more with an average HR in the 120s I'd say. When weather is not good, I go to the gym and lift weights, do core exercises and do the Cybex Arc Trainer for 30-40 minutes.

I've lost 11 pounds in these 5 weeks. Which is awesome. I'm already up to 20 miles on the bike in an hour and half, and yesterday I did a 5 mile walk with the dogs, not a slow walk either.

I'm hoping that by riding the bike and working at moderate intensity for over an hour 3X a week and walking the dogs at a lower intensity 2X a week and doing the gym with the combo of weight lifting and aerobic work 1X a week is keeping my body confused enough that I will not plateau.

I have an hrm (polar ft7) and love it, and I eat back my calories..(the joys of working out! :) )

Do you think I'm keeping enough variety in my work outs? I cannot run or do the treadmill, because I get shin splints really bad. In fact, I used to not be able to walk more than a mile or a mile and a half without getting them bad, but I think my bicycling is helping that a lot. I'm thinking of trying to build in a few 2-4 minute jogs in my walks, just to jump my heart rate up. If I can do it without getting shin splints.

I also do a couple of more leisurely walks with the dogs a couple of times a week...maybe a mile or two but not fast, that I don't even bother to log.

any feed back would be great. Don't know if this is the right place to ask, if it's not, can you direct me to a better place?

Thanks!

In my opinion I think you are doing great things. You are staying very active and yes you are confusing your body so that is a good thing. Some people can not stand exercising so going to the gym is a task that they would rather stick to the exact same workout because in their mind it satisfies the fact that you worked out. Doing the same exact routine forever will not get you past any plateau.

The shin splints you can work on by massaging the muscle towards the bone from side to side. Working the bone back onto the muscle.. Also they are usually caused by your calf muscles being to tight. So you may want to look into a good stretching routine for your calf muscles.

Shoes that do not fit properly or are not adequate for the exercise you are performing can also contribute to shin splints. I learned the hard way.
  • mrstessbowen
    Options
    I subscribe to high frequency cardio. This article validates my workout plan....7 days a week of cardio!

Yea I do some pretty insane stuff.. I am gonna start the daily cardio. I only have the lower 10% of body fat left to lose. So I am gonna hit it HARD!!! Go big or go home! I do HIIT 3 days a week also. Love that stuff!

I know it is not very safe but to loose my first goal of 90lbs I used a protien shake for body builders and only ate food about 1 to 3 times a week for several months. However I spent 2 to 3 hours a day at the gym 6 days a week. At least an hour of this everyday was cardio. After returning to normal food i continued to loose then stabalized. I am crazy for doing it but it worked for me. I did take my shake mix into my doctor whom did lots of reasearch on it before starting and had blood test done every month. I think it is important to know how your body is reacting to this type of hardcore weight loss. Without the gym I absolutley would have gained weight. I have been stable for a year and a half and now am ready to loose the next 60 but this time I will only do the protien shake to handle calories burned from exercise.
  • janruffin
    janruffin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump....
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Love this article - thanks for posting. I'm a big fan of Tom Venuto's stuff, and this makes a lot of sense.