IIFYM 15% or 20% Delfict ?

hi im setting myself back up on MFP , im female/5ft 8.5"/weigh 162lb...and work out 4X a week mixture of activities, last time was eating around 1600-1700cals and losing 2lb a week. Things got messy and i need a break got a tad obsessed! so im back now 8lb heavier and want to get it off...i do feel this time round however i have got a much bigger appetite so feel it may take a while adjusting from my bad few months of pigging out!! any ways just wondering what kind of weight loss each percentage will give me ?? 20% is 1742cals and 15% is 1851cals....thanks in advance!

i will also be having a extra 500 calorie treat meal well drink of alchol lol every saturday night on top of my allowence.

x

Replies

• XCHOCOLATECRAZYX
    XCHOCOLATECRAZYX Posts: 38 Member
    Anyone? x
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    If 1600 calories was giving you a 2 lb loss, then 1742 will give you a 1.7 lb loss and 1851 will give you a 1.5 lb loss. With the alcohol, those numbers become 1.5 and 1.3.
  • XCHOCOLATECRAZYX
    THANK YOU :)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Using IIFYM calculator, go with 15% because that calculator estimates low for most people. So 15% would probably be 20% in reality.

Also your 500 extra calories will further lower your average intake.

Scoobys, health-calc, or exrx.net are much better calculators than IIFYM. Subtract 15% since you probably don't have THAT much to lose, and it should be fine.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Something that might help you if you're going to be drinking calories every so often is to add up your calorie allowance for the week at the beginning of the week, and then just subtract from there. This might be beneficial if part of the obsession you had previously was guilt over missing your mark some days.

So, if you're planning on 1600 calories:

1600 * 7 = 11200 calories allowed per week. You can track it in MFP, and just subtract your daily totals from there.
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Using IIFYM calculator, go with 15% because that calculator estimates low for most people. So 15% would probably be 20% in reality.

Also your 500 extra calories will further lower your average intake.

Scoobys, health-calc, or exrx.net are much better calculators than IIFYM. Subtract 15% since you probably don't have THAT much to lose, and it should be fine.

I respectfully disagree. I find IIFYM tdee calculator pretty much right on the money and health-calc was way off on my TDEE. I use IIFYM to pretty much get my weight where I want it within 3-5 lbs(normal fluctuations) guess its different for different people.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    15%
  • XCHOCOLATECRAZYX
    Thanks will go with the 15% cut! :)
  • XCHOCOLATECRAZYX
    Something that might help you if you're going to be drinking calories every so often is to add up your calorie allowance for the week at the beginning of the week, and then just subtract from there. This might be beneficial if part of the obsession you had previously was guilt over missing your mark some days.

So, if you're planning on 1600 calories:

1600 * 7 = 11200 calories allowed per week. You can track it in MFP, and just subtract your daily totals from there.

So just keep track on my weekly caloires then rather then my daily ??

Thanks
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    You don't have that much to lose and the winner of the game its the most amount of food, while still losing. Definitely 15%.