Down 140 lbs.

Options
Sixsal
Sixsal Posts: 5
edited November 2014 in Success Stories
Don't have me at highest weight which was at like 340-50 lbs.

Below is at 320 lbs and at 290 lbs.

http://i.imgur.com/eYong55.png

Currently at 198 lbs.

http://i.imgur.com/IPbBCus.jpg

AMA

1636983.png

Replies

• mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    WOW! Fantastic transformation. Congratulations.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! well done!
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Well Done!!!!!!!! Congrats!
  • pmm7692
    pmm7692 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Amazing and very encouraging. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
  • TheRealKit
    TheRealKit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    awesome
  • Ddonna82
    Ddonna82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Can you explain exactly what you did! Exercise and diet!
  • Sixsal
    Sixsal Posts: 5
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The first 30 or so was basically getting used to drinking water cutting out junk/fast food. Was mainly just walking for working out.

The next 30 I lost was reducing portions. I ate healthy choice type meals but those are a waste of money, too much salt and left your waste diamond like.

I discovered DDP Yoga and it took off from there where i also discovered steel cut oatmeal, ground flax seeds and chia seeds.

At 220 lbs I hit a plateau and discovered intermittent fasting and I began that on 08.08.12 and have done it everyday since. I don't eat for 20 hours and get all my macros in a 4 hour window.

Everyone is different tho..thats what makes it hard finding what works for you. I went in knowing I would mess up and some things wouldn't work.

For me nutrition+water > sleep > working out. If the other 2 are not in check, my work outs suffer and you tend to go thru the motions.

Make sure you have a caloric deficit. Eating a ton of healthy food does no good, you have to burn more or consume less. if you know your caloric needs you can fit in not so healthy foods and I recommend take a cheat day once a week but keep in mind that does not mean all you can it.

Use it to reset and trick your body into thinking it is not starving.

My thoughts are random but since I weighed more than most people, they were very encouraging in me losing weight but when I started to weigh less they became distant.
    I took this as as long as I weighed more it gave them an excuse not to do anything themselves.

I was kinda of sad/mad but realized that if you want things in life you got to make sacrifices. Whenever someone tells an "excuse" why they can not work out I don't view it as an excuse but the exact obstacles they need to overcome on their own. No one can work out for you.

I did this all at home on a yoga mat. I have some weights now, a dips station, pull up bar, 40 lb weighted vest and an elliptical machine.

Sorry again for the wall of text. If anything else let me know.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You're freaking awesome!! Amazing job on your loss and congratulations on your life, sounds like you pushed past those issues we all have in the beginning with excuses. Hardest thing to overcome in my opinion
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!