Scale torment

Options
So my morning routine is to get up, go to the bathroom and get on the scale. I was ABSOLUTELY sure I would have a loss this morning, instead I had a gain.
I sat down, had a cup of coffee, went to the bathroom again and just out of curiosity got on the scale again and it was ANOTHER pound up.
This can't be right, so I step off, and step on, and now I've lost a pound and a half.

Is the scale broken? Have I been putting all my faith on a crappy scale.....?

What would you do, buy a new one? Just keep going with this one and hope its accurate?

Replies

• fthoodbaby
    fthoodbaby Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Is it battery operated? If so, try replacing the battery.
  • going2win
    going2win Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    measure!!! the scale is not the only way to measure sucess !!
  • shelcof
    shelcof Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm measuring too....9 inches from waist and hips since January....The scale is a little more instantly gratifying though :)

I think it is battery operated and I have had it for years, and never even thought about the battery, so I'll try that next. Thanks so much
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I use the one in the gym which is much better quality. Weighing in more than once a week can be counter-productive and demoralising as the body weight fluctuates a lot. It is best to weigh-in at the same time and day once a week. My bathroom scales are cheap and they are rubbish. depending on just how you stand can vary by a kilo...

Best of luck!
  • supersecretsquirrel1877
    Options
    My scale and I just had a nasty incident the other day...have decided to just measure from now on. I am not after a set number on the scale anyway, I am aiming for a size 10 jeans, since I have not seen that size for the better part of a decade I don't really know what weight I have to be at to to fit into them.
  • shelcof
    shelcof Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I need to have a weight to measure my BMI. I am a possible kidney donor for a friend of mine, but they won't even test me until my BMI is below 36 (I started at 43). According to today's weight I am at 35.9, but I don't want to call them if its not quite accurate, you know?

I don't put everything on the weight. I feel good in the new jeans, I feel confident...but the numbers do count for some things for me.