Pre workout?

Options
Good morning everyone! It's 7:30 here and I'm watching it snow. :\ Don't get me wrong, I actually like the snow but everyone else complains about it. Haha! Anyway, that's not the point of this post....

My questions are: What time do you usually work out? Do you use a pre-workout supplement?

I get up at 5 to 5:30 in the morning. I literally roll out of bed, put on my sports bra, shoes, and heart rate monitor, and I get my butt moving. I take a pre workout because I've always worried that I won't be able to keep my motivation up if I'm still half asleep. I take Lipo 6. Yes, I'm aware that it's not intended for that use.. I only take 1 or 2 in the morning though, I don't follow their suggested use, because I'm not using it as a weight loss supplement.
Another question.. Do you think this might be harmful for me? If so, do you have better suggestions? I won't eat before working out because I'll just throw it back up from my heart rate being higher...

Replies

• suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    If you think you need a pre-workout, just chug down a cup o' joe :grin: that ought to give you the pick-me-up you might need halfway through your workout!

I don't work out at any specific time of day - sometimes morning, sometimes afternoon, sometimes right before bed! :) But I always have a snack afterwards.
  • jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Anyone else?? Coffee works for some, but I'd have to do calorie loaded iced coffee.. just so I didn't have to taste the actual coffee! ;)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    caffeine tablets if you dont like coffee. If you dont like coffee then you probably arent making it properly.
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You could do something small and simple to jump start your pulse, like 10 jumping jacks, a few squats...No need to drink coffee if that's not your thing!
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Jump into a very, very cold shower. That will jack you up like crazy.
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I just do a cup of black coffee and I'm good to go!
  • WanderingBomb
    WanderingBomb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I mix bullnox with water in a tall shaker bottle and sip it during my work out
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    If I drink coffee before a work out it really kills my stomach. Whats the point of a work out if I'm sick half the time? Ha!

I used to take a "Weight Loss Pill" before my work outs for the added energy. I didn't take them like the bottle directed either because I wasn't using it as a "Weight Loss Pill", I just wanted the energy and boy did they ever give me the energy! I've also drank 5 hour energy knock offs (Those are expensive, 98 cent bottles here I come) but my Love says that those are "dangerous" when working out (No more dangerous then a diet supplement).

I've been trying to do it more naturally recently (Mostly I'm just too broke to buy anything) and have been doing stretching before my work outs. I've purchased some water enhancers that have caffine in them to drink right before as well. It helps but I think it's all in my mind!

Good luck!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I use C4 and it is great! It helps with my energy and focus, plus it tastes like Kool-Aid. :D