Greek Yogurt?

Options
udallmom101
udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
I have always wanted to try it, but don't know what to do with it! HELP! Recipes needed! I have fat free plain in the fridge right now!

Replies

• lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Use it in place of sour cream.
  • rubyruckus
    rubyruckus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    throw some fruit in it for breakfast/lunch/snack
  • Babz55
    Babz55 Posts: 4
    Options
    Greek yogurt is one of my favorite afternoon pick me up snacks. I mix a half a cup of yogurt with two tbs of ovaltine chocolate malt powder. I call it faux chocolate mousse and all for just 100 calories! It satisfies my chocolate cravings as well.
  • RuthSolo1951
    Options
    I recently made a Greek yogurt cucumber sauce. Recipes vary, but several are available on cooks.com
    This is good with lamb, but can also be used on chicken breast, lean ground beef patty, and it is a great veggie dip.
  • Wolterjf
    Wolterjf Posts: 3
    Options
    I like to add about 1 T of honey and close to a tablespoon of cinnamon per cup of yogurt. 1 T of cinnamon per day boosts metabolism by 100% and adds lots of flavor to the tangy yogurt!
  • Cgem1203
    Cgem1203 Posts: 3
    Options
    If you substitute the Greek Yogurt in place of sour cream you can make an awesome Ranch Dip. I use the Hidden Valley Ranch Dip seasoning packets stirred into the yogurt and you can't tell the difference! I served the dip at a BBQ and no one even knew the difference. I use the Fage 0% Nonfat Plain Yogurt.
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Mix frozen blueberries in it with some sugar/splenda !
  • Emmasnana
    Emmasnana Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with a packet of Truvia, add fresh blueberries or raspberries and a sprinking of bare naked granola. Perfect breakfast!
  • lynndu
    lynndu Posts: 8
    Options
    add a tablespoon of sugar free pistachio pudding mix (or any sugar free pudding mix). tastes just like cheescake. yum!
  • ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Mix frozen blueberries in it with some sugar/splenda !

YES! I have this all the time for snacks, or with some oats/bran flakes mixed in for breakfast.

I eat a lot of this- usually sweeten and add fruit, sometimes with extra stuff too. Ie, today I mixed in half a sliced banana and 1/2 chopped up granola bar for a great snack. Another favorite is chopped an apple, sprinkling with cinnamon and microwaving for 2-3 mins, then topping with yogurt. Crumbling up a Nature's Valley granola bar on the cooked apple before topping with yogurt makes an amazingly decadent tasting breakfast, like apple crisp!

Other things I do:
    - stir in PB2 powder (powdered peanut butter- don't add water), then sliced banana and a chocolate Vita brownie (my all-time favorite breakfast)
    - on top of cooked oatmeal to make them extra creamy/add a bunch of protein (I always cook the oats with cinnamon + sweetener, and add fruit too)
    - blueberries and almond butter
    - banana and peanut butter
    - raisins and raw oats (cinnamon, etc- mix and leave to sit overnight for a fast breakfast!)
    - in a parfait- layer canned pumpkin mixed with cinnamon + sweetener, unsweetened Greek yogurt and some whole grain cereal, and drizzle with sugar free syrup... I make smaller portions of this for snacks too that come in around 200 cals (1/2 cup pumpkin, 1/2 cup yogurt and 1/4 cup branflakes- so much better if you don't mix it all together but take bites of each part as you eat it...yum)
    - on top of oatmeal pancakes for breakfast (I mash 1/2 banana into the pancake mix, don't sweetener the yogurt but add syrup)

It's also really good mixed with salsa for a creamy salad topping.
  • suzukigurl
    suzukigurl Posts: 90
    Options
    Someone gave me the idea to try greek yogurt mixed with tuna fish instead of mayo.......haven't tried it yet so idk what it's like
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I buy Fage full fat and eat it plain. Yum!
  • amathwills
    amathwills Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I mix it with Smuckers no added sugar jam..it tastes like the fruit bottom yogurts. I like blue berry the best.
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I just recently bought Greek yogurt. I mix it with my smoothie which contains mixed frozen berries, banana, milk, ground flax seed.
  • chattygirl2
    chattygirl2 Posts: 103
    Options
    add a tablespoon of sugar free pistachio pudding mix (or any sugar free pudding mix). tastes just like cheescake. yum!

That sounds great!!!