Back after a long absence and SERIOUS this time

Options
Yep, I'm one of those people who did the whole "fitness" thing for a month or two and then packed it in, like a giant baby. Well, I've had a lot of time to think, a lot of things have happened in the last while that made me realise I need to get off my *kitten* *kitten* and get out there. I left this site for personal reasons, my mother died last year (not a "looking for sympathy" post!), and kinda threw me off but at the end of the day I've gotta take the fall for me not getting my *kitten* in gear.

I was doing so good, I got my daily calories sorted, was exercising daily, and was counting/weighing all my portions and hitting my macros. Things were good, I felt better and was determined. I was on this site daily and had a good support circle! I had a lot more free time then but now with class and work, I find very little time to myself. I know this is not an excuse and now I gotta get myself back into this, no excuses.

It's funny, I know the things I eat and drink are bad for me, but I keep doing it?! I know I'm not happy at all, at all, with myself, but I still sit around and do nothing..I asked myself why, today. Why do I do this? I am not happy at all yet I wallow in it. I think I am content with being like this but I know in my heart of hearts that I do not want to be overweight anymore as I have been for the larger part of my life, no pun intended! I just need to be real with myself I think. Has anyone else any experience with feeling this way? Why is this?

I just thought I would post up here, get my thoughts down and just say hi again to everyone. I'll be on this daily and probably posting up for help quite often, so hopefully I will see most of you around! Thanks to anyone who read through this

Stay blessed

Replies

• boriquaprp
    boriquaprp Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to you! I'm still new to this site. I have no support (friends) except for this great app which is so beneficial to me. Best wishes on your restart!
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Just remember, you are not a tree.

Good luck!
  • KingOfThoseWhoKnow
    KingOfThoseWhoKnow Posts: 53
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Just remember, you are not a tree.

Good one :P
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I was that way for 8 years. Then it suddenly hit me. I wasn't even sure this time would be the time but after losing 20 pounds I was like woah, okay I can and will do this! Best of luck!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. I think we all have to reach the point like you and take a new look and understand the science behind diet and learn the needs and wants of our own specific body.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :smile: It's different for everyone. There'll be something that just says "That's it, enough!". As to eating the wrong things and not knowing why, well we pretty much all do that. I do it with sugar, then when I've had to much I get bad headaches and horrible mouth ulcers, so I reign back for a while, body sorts itself out, then I'll do it again. I'm hoping for longer gaps in the hope that they will morph into not ever doing it again!

Sorry about your Mum. It hurts.
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to mfp. Sorry for the loss of your mother. Hope you can take the time you need to get where you want to be in all aspects of your life and especially with your weight feel free to add me.
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Yeah, do that. Only back to logging the past 15 days. Hoping to keep the momentum this time. Thankfully, while I was away I didn't gain back everything I had lost.. but I'm still 10#'s from where I had gotten before. Success Stories on here are what get me back on track.. I should print some and pin them around food areas :) Right now I think 'If I had just kept at it, then I could have been at my goal months ago.'