Hello. Starting over!

Options
Hi there,
Since having children I have been on this battle of the bulge forever. I am 36 years old with three boys 13 ,7 and 9 months. The last two years we have had some stresses with my husband losing his job and starting a new career and going back to school and I have gained a further 30lbs and now weigh 204lb :(
My Mum is very overweight for her height and has server arthritis in her back knees and feet and has had to have knee surgery on both knees. I know her weight has been a factor in this and I have recently been waking up with joint pain and I know I am going to follow in her footsteps unless I make a change.
I feel like I have let myself go and haven't noticed the weight gain over the years until I see a photo of myself or try on some new clothes.
I want to be healthy for my children and have the energy to keep up with them.
I have to do it this time, one day at a time and with small goals.
First goal to get under 200lb. then second 190.
I'm hoping to find some friends and support on this page :)

Jaime

Replies

• Aphroditewannabe
    Aphroditewannabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hi! I too want to show my boys how to be healthy and just be happy with my body. I used to be on MFP but life happened and I quit, I'm back now and feel good that I'm being active not just sitting around thinking about getting healthy.
  • onedaybeforethenext
    Options
    I log daily and am happy to support your journey. Feel free to send a friend request if you want to......
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You can do this, you've already lost 2lb.
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp feel free to add me if you would like.