I won the Biggest Loser contest at work!

Options
So I started my "weight loss journey" last December. I went to the doctor on my birthday (the 11th) and was weighed in by the nurse and was horrified by the number on the scale (highest I've ever been).

Then in February, my workplace decided to have a Biggest Loser contest. I originally was NOT going to join because I was doing my weight loss the healthy way and I know what happens when people are competitive. My close co-worker/friend essentially begged me to join her in it, so at least one of us would win. I gave in and paid the $25 fee.

Every month, there was a monthly winner with a small prize. Every month, there was a different winner, usually the person who used a fad diet trick that month. Every month, I came in second and started to get really frustrated.

In October, I slacked off due to family/work stress and also the people running the Biggest Loser "forgot" about the final weigh in. I got an email a week ago stating this and then we had the final weigh in yesterday. I had lost 47lbs, 17% of my body weight. I had a good idea I may be the winner but I will still nervous someone beat me yet again.

But no. I won. I won! ME! I never win anything. Ever. I also never stick to a diet & exercise plan for 11 months. But I did it. And I won $200! It feels so amazing!

I'm not stopping though. My goal was to lose 50lbs by my birthday this year and I intend to do that. 3lbs to go! Can't wait to actually have said I made a goal and followed through!

Just wanted to share another success story! Thanks for reading! And have a great weekend!

Replies

• anna3669
    anna3669 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That is actually epic, well done :smile: And brilliant that you're keeping it going too! You must be delighted :):)
  • Juliarosemary66
    Juliarosemary66 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! What an amazing achievement!!! Thanks for sharing!! If I were you I'd spend my winnings on some fab new clothes!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Aren't you proud of yourself? I'm sure you'll succeed in getting rid of those 3 lbs by your birthday. Congratulations!!! Are you going to buy some new "skinny" clothes with the $$$????!!!!
  • lunalee84
    lunalee84 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Well done! You should be super proud of yourself. Make sure you enjoy that $200 :)
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    WTG that is great!
  • AOdell79
    AOdell79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You rock!!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    BIG WTG! Thanks for sharing!
  • ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Hooray, congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!