Workout Music

Options
Music is a big motivator for me. If I have a good play list I can workout without focusing on how tired I am.

I'm just jumping back into workout mode so I've made a playlist for my first day back on the equipment.

My workout is only 30 minutes so there are only a few songs. I haven't tried it out yet so I'll post if any of the songs don't work out well for it.

1. Where Did You Go - Morgan Page
2. Are You What You Want to Be? - Foster the People
3. Hour Out Here - Lily Allen
4. The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone) - U2
5. My Body - Young the Giant
6. Best Friend - Foster the People
7. The Longest Road (ft. Lissie) [Deadmau5 remix] - Morgan Page

Cool Down/Stretch
The High Road - Broken Bells

I have an eclectic taste but pulled these songs from albums we just got from the library and then two I knew were great workout songs (My Body and The Longest Road) but it'd be great to hear what other people like to listen to for new music playlists!

Replies

• FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    my sister made me playlist for my wedding, and some of those songs are now used when I do a challenge on my striiv.

Shiver shiver - Walk the Moon
    Closer - Tegan and Sara (love this one!)
    Electric Feel - MGMT
    Heartbreaker - MSTRKRFT

I also like some of the Punk Goes Pop songs

Somebody That I Used to Know - Mayday Parade
    Glad You Came - We Came as Romans
    Bulletproof - Family Force 5
    Over My Head - a Day to Remember
    Toxic - a Static Lullaby
  • stich0203
    stich0203 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Rock star - (Jason Nevins Remix) - N.e.r.d.

This is an excellent high intensity song for working out!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I type "workout music" into iTunes and look around for songs. I really love it when they take 70s and 80s songs and speed them up! :)
  • morgiee_lynne
    morgiee_lynne Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Somebody that I used to know-by mayday parade is a great song! Or umbrella by all time low also from Punk Goes Pop
  • olivebeanhealthy
    olivebeanhealthy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like finding mixes on Soundcloud...

loving this one from FlicFlac lately;
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm a heavy metal/rock kind of girl who also has a weird love for Hollywood Undead and Eminem (Don't judge me!). Listening to music is like taking an energy shot for me. It makes me want to keep going. My main songs on my "Kellys Workout" Playlist (My Love made it for me) is:

Comin' In Hot-Hollywood Undead
    This Is Usually The Part Where People Scream- Alesana
    Ambrosia- Alesana
    Let The Bodies Hit The Floor- Drowning Pool
    About 10 songs from my favorite Mudvayne albums
    Alive & Kicking- Nonpoint
    About 5 songs from my favorite Godsmack albums
    Some Chevelle, Evans Blue annnnnd Korn. :)

My workouts usually last an hour or more so I can go through a hella lot of songs.
  • kiwigirl007
    kiwigirl007 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I set my Pandora station to Avicii/Nicky Romero. My latest favorite is Calabria 2008, by Enur ft. Natasja. ;)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    i don't have a playlist. I usually put my ipod on shuffle, or pick an album, although I got a new ipod this year and haven't had time to put the majority of my music on it yet (need to import the CDs.... uuuugh)

I lift weights. So I generally like to listen to something either heavy, electronic-y, instrumental, rap, pop/punky, or super catchy.

On my lifting playlist I currently have (I think, remembering from the top of my head): Billy Talent, Cancer Bats, Alexisonfire, Childish Gambino, MIA, i might have Blink 182 on there, Three Days Grace, uh.. Maybe Taking Back Sunday and My Chemical Romance? I really can't remember. Oh, probably Protest The Hero as well, and Closet Monster. Sometimes I'll listen to Jake Bugg or Explosions In The Sky, also have listened to The Rocket Summer or Relient K when I wanted something more uplifting, or pft. Idk. I am not picky. I've even listened to Avril Lavigne while working out. It's all just background noise to keep me focused on what I'm doing and to get me into a groove.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    my sister made me playlist for my wedding, and some of those songs are now used when I do a challenge on my striiv.

Shiver shiver - Walk the Moon
    Closer - Tegan and Sara (love this one!)
    Electric Feel - MGMT
    Heartbreaker - MSTRKRFT

I also like some of the Punk Goes Pop songs

Somebody That I Used to Know - Mayday Parade
    Glad You Came - We Came as Romans
    Bulletproof - Family Force 5
    Over My Head - a Day to Remember
    Toxic - a Static Lullaby

I 2nd ASL's Toxic cover. And Death From Above, not mentioned but related to MSTRKRFT
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have an extremely long playlist on Spotify. Before I workout, I think of how long I want it to last, then take the music from said playlist and queue accordingly...just whatever I feel like listening to at the moment to get pumped and keep going :smiley:
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i listen to a lot of 80s and 90s stuff on Pandora. It just seems like time goes by quicker with songs I haven't heard in awhile than stuff that's already on my playlist.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I have a super weird playlist that includes everything from The Cure to The Ronettes to AC/DC to WHAM. Really weird. Really fun.
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    On my playlist I have 90's pop songs and songs from musicals
  • Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    Options
    stich0203 wrote: »
    Rock star - (Jason Nevins Remix) - N.e.r.d.

This is an excellent high intensity song for working out!

Yep! Love this one... And if it comes on near the very end of my run when I'm looking like I need resus I'm like YUSSSSSSS!!!! :-)
  • jim2550
    jim2550 Posts: 22
    Options
    Go on the striiv group just search striiv
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I have hundreds and hundreds of songs on workout playlists of about 25 songs each. I also have running-specific playlists.

I list to music in Spanish about 90% of the time, so I won't bother listing songs.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    I just fill up a cheapo 8GB mp3 player and put it on shuffle for the entire library. My workout music is different every time. If I'm not feeling a certain song then I just hit next. It's kinda interesting when you go from Megadeth to Dean Martin.
  • BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I usually just use Songza.com (It's curated by real people not a computer) I guarantee most will find what they are looking for in a playlist / station there.

For example Here are some... (Enjoy!)

Cardio... http://songza.com/discover/activities/cardio_workout/

Lifting... http://songza.com/discover/activities/weight_training/

Cool Down... http://songza.com/discover/activities/workout_cool_down/

Yoga... http://songza.com/discover/activities/yoga/
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I use Pandora!
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of good techno for that, keeps me moving. And unfortunately, marching band training kicks in when I walk to music, so it has to be something with a beat that matches my walking speed! ^_^;