Japanse style hamburge and cabbage?

Options
japstylestirfry.jpg

I used to make this for my dad because he liked it. I never really thought about the calorie count until recently. It's really not bad. Anyone else eat/like this?

I started to eliminate the rice that I usually eat with it all together.

Replies

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    This was flagged as spam? Wtf? Lol
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Flagging as spam is the new *like*

Didn't you get the memo?
  • EK00001
    Options
    This looks great!!! Send me the ingredients and cooking instructions please! Plus, I'd like to add you as a friend since your physique is close my own's. :)
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    What I made for my dad. 1 lb hamburger. Make into small meatballs and put into large pot with a little oil. Prepare a head of cabbage by cutting it into small pieces. Your choice. Once the hamburger is browned, add the cabbage. Add about 1/3 cup of sugar and about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of soy sauce. Simmer until the cabbage is softened enough for you. Enjoy.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    it looks really yummy. I love cabbage.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    What I made for my dad. 1 lb hamburger. Make into small meatballs and put into large pot with a little oil. Prepare a head of cabbage by cutting it into small pieces. Your choice. Once the hamburger is browned, add the cabbage. Add about 1/3 cup of sugar and about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of soy sauce. Simmer until the cabbage is softened enough for you. Enjoy.

Thinking about it, it might be 1/4 cup sugar. I don't really measure the amount anymore
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Looks good. :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Looks good. I tried an Indonesian dish similar to this except instead of meatballs they used thin strips of beef and instead of sugar etc they used spices. You can also use some beets in there btw. Basically its a totally different dish from the indonesian dish i described...
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,637 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Looks great.