Will MFP ONLY keep 4 pages of food items?

Options
edbk35
edbk35 Posts: 13 Member
Does the MFP ONLY keep 4 pages of foods that you have entered?? Is there a way to save them? I feel like I am always entering stuff that maybe I had a few weeks ago...but don't have often. Am I not doing something right with logging things? THANKS

Replies

• Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    That's correct, but it's 4 pages for each "meal" category if you select it that way. Things drop off All Meals quickly, but can be found in Afternoon Snack, for example. If you really want to hold items, set up a "meal" and log a tiny quantity, or put that item in the My Foods.
  • edbk35
    edbk35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. :)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    Also, if you know when you had it last, you can click on quick tools under that meal and copy to the current date. (It will copy to the same meal on the new date, but if you are eating it for a different meal, the copying process moves it to the top entry in your "recent" foods, so you can then easily add it to the correct meal and then delete it from the wrong one.)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Good info
  • buddhaseeking
    buddhaseeking Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think 4 pages is simply not enough space to hold onto all the food that a health conscious person eats. I consume a wide variety of food, and this is a big problem for, to have to add food all the time. It would be lot easier, if they allotted more space for each person so we can save 10 pages or so. Setting up a meal won't work for me, because i am eating different kinds of food for each meal each day. So, its rare that i replicate the same exact meal within a week or two.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I think 4 pages is simply not enough space to hold onto all the food that a health conscious person eats. I consume a wide variety of food, and this is a big problem for, to have to add food all the time. It would be lot easier, if they allotted more space for each person so we can save 10 pages or so. Setting up a meal won't work for me, because i am eating different kinds of food for each meal each day. So, its rare that i replicate the same exact meal within a week or two.

If I understand what the previous posters said, we can easily see more than 10 pages worth of things if we select a category from the drop down where it says "Or, add your favorites for: All Meals" it will show the last 4 pages of food entered in that category only.

I only have 3 categories but that's 12 pages of foods alone. If you wanted more pages you'd just add more categories to split out your logging.
  • buddhaseeking
    Options

If I understand what the previous posters said, we can easily see more than 10 pages worth of things if we select a category from the drop down where it says "Or, add your favorites for: All Meals" it will show the last 4 pages of food entered in that category only.

I only have 3 categories but that's 12 pages of foods alone. If you wanted more pages you'd just add more categories to split out your logging.

I looked at the dropdown menu now that you have pointed out. It seems like i can have only 4 categories - it shows Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks. So, for example, i went into "Add food under Dinner -> select Dinner in the drop down menu". Then, it goes backwards in time to show 4 pages worth of dinner. You don't get 12 pages of dinner items that you possibly consumed over last 2 months. I do not see a way to "create" categories apart from the 4 i mentioned above. Hopefully someone from MFP is reading these forums, and could put in a suggestion/request as a feedback. I would love to be able to hold onto 10 pages worth of Dinner material, so that i don't have to type up things each time, and verify accuracy of the nutritional data, before i can add it to my diary. I am pretty serious about my program, and have seen substantial results due to my efforts, and MFP has been a big part of it. If i can not find a workaround for this problem, i might have to check out other websites, to see if something fits my needs. This site was my first and top selection.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I use my iPhone, at least finding things is easier. Not sure if it saves the same number of items.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

I looked at the dropdown menu now that you have pointed out. It seems like i can have only 4 categories - it shows Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks. So, for example, i went into "Add food under Dinner -> select Dinner in the drop down menu". Then, it goes backwards in time to show 4 pages worth of dinner. You don't get 12 pages of dinner items that you possibly consumed over last 2 months. I do not see a way to "create" categories apart from the 4 i mentioned above. Hopefully someone from MFP is reading these forums, and could put in a suggestion/request as a feedback. I would love to be able to hold onto 10 pages worth of Dinner material, so that i don't have to type up things each time, and verify accuracy of the nutritional data, before i can add it to my diary. I am pretty serious about my program, and have seen substantial results due to my efforts, and MFP has been a big part of it. If i can not find a workaround for this problem, i might have to check out other websites, to see if something fits my needs. This site was my first and top selection.

You can create up to 6 meal categories. Go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings and it's about halfway down the page under "Meal Names"

Also if you save items to your My Foods section it will show all the pages of My Foods entries when you pick that tab (after you select Add Food then to the right you click on My Foods tab) - I have 13 pages of My Foods items currently and can toggle through all 13 pages to find what I need.
  • Phrick
    edited November 2014
    Options
    oh also there is a website feedback forum where you could put your suggested feedback, http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/website-suggestions-feedback - it does get monitored by staff (although I've heard that it's fairly infrequent monitoring but still, you're more likely to be seen there than here :) )
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    . .. . .
  • Phrick
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    . .. . .

dammit. Saw November and didn't notice the year.
  • buddhaseeking
    Options
    Thanks Phrick. That helps. I will put in a suggestion at the place you suggested - because it does looks like they allot more space for each user, but it is simply in different sections than the "default" settings. I will wait a little longer, to use the features that has been pointed out by you, and then write the feedback.