Less to lose advice needed

Options
ladybb7
ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
Hi Everyone,
i've been doing MFP for about two months now and have lost around 15 lbs which is close to half way to my initial goal... I noticed the lbs came of fast in the first month but slowly in the second. (I lost 10 in the first and 5 in the second) I have been experimenting with the goals in my tracker and in addition to watching calories I have been trying to stick to sugar, carb, and sodium goals... I drink lots of water but don't track it... I exercise about 3 times a week and this past week have started doing the 30DS every day (haven't been tracking this).
I'm 5'7 currently 169, trying to get to 150 I have my goal set to 2 lbs a week...
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    It will always be harder to lose fat the closer you get to your goal. Becoming nearly impossible by when you only need to lose less than 5lbs. One thing I can suggest is not to worry about sugar but what things can RAISE your blood sugar. Anything with a high glycemic index should be avoided sorry look it up I'm 2 tired now :P
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I just took a peek at a couple of days in your diary. Try keeping your sugar at 30 or below. Increase your protein to over 100 and get your carbs below 100. You should see some results.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, take in more protein. Change the goal to around 15-20% of your total.
  • heidipalmquist
    Options
    Try to even out your calorie intake....larger meals and less snacks. I had similar issues as you, then started eating really good breakfasts. I have almost 400 calories for breakfast....egg white omelots, oatmeal, walnuts, v-8 juice, etc. A slightly smaller lunch, around 300 calories, with lots of fiber. Then, you won't be hungry and snacking later in the day. Good luck!
  • ladybb7
    ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies, what about changing goal of 2 lbs/ week.. I was thinking about putting it to 1.5 to see if that changed anything thoughts?
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    thanks for the replies, what about changing goal of 2 lbs/ week.. I was thinking about putting it to 1.5 to see if that changed anything thoughts?

I have been told by several people here that when you get closer to your goal, you need to change your weekly weight loss goal to lose less per week. Sounds awful I know... I did it just recently. It caused me to have more calories to consume daily, which is a little bit scary. But I have still been losing. I had my goal set to 1 lb per week and several times I found that I lost more than that per week. So don't feel like if you decrease your goal of weekly weight loss that you will suddenly come to a stand still. I was worried about that too. I am 5 lbs from my goal and I have been told that the last few will come off very slowly and to just be patient and stick with it. The loss begins quickly but gradually slows down as you get closer to your goal.